Our last post opened with a literary theme, a quote from Water Scott's
"Marmion", published in 1908. Today we begin our post with an art appreciation theme, a masterpiece entitled
"The Last Supper", painted by Leonardo da Vinci, and completed in 1498. I am sure my Mother is smiling a huge smile from the great beyond in the fact that the hard earned cash they shelled out for my private education is
finally paying off.... Yeah, it's been another quiet day around here!
CAUTION: FOOD PORN!
![]()
The Last Supper.. So the Hubs and our dear friend, brother and Priest decide to "celebrate" my "Last Supper" before liquids with an impromptu party! Can you believe them?? A surprise party - for three. Trust me, with what I've consumed this evening, I should be full until the day of surgery! I came home to martinis and an appetizer of cracked lobster claws, loaded with a mound of peel and eat shrimp in the center of each plate. A Main course of grilled Delmonico steaks smothered in sauteed mushrooms and lobster tails with drawn butter, served with my favorite pinot noir. Dessert was home made blueberry pie and ice cream - and a lovely single malt scotch. Yes, two men put this meal together, can you tell?? Two men who I suspect were thinking that this was going to be
their last supper as well - and I am thoroughly blessed and thrilled that they did that!
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about letting the lap band cat out of the bag or not. I really do need to tell my family, and especially liked the suggestion of telling them "after the fact" - what's done is done, right?? Although I'm sure my brother who will know all things about lap band
because he stayed at a Holiday Inn will be sure to "educate" me on the theorems of weight loss.. I'm a strong woman, I can handle it.. I'm not ashamed, in fact I'm quite the opposite! Thrilled, excited and so very anxious to get 'er done! I'm just not sure I'm ready to discuss this subject with a 77 year old, lovable, but
very shy and reserved man (my Dad) who has in the past refused to use the word "hysterectomy" in public because "that's one of those woman things...."
Until Next Time!
7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Hi Lisa, I wanted to make sure that I thanked you for your comment on my post today. Usually I just thank everyone in my comment section. But I wanted to thank you in your blog.
It really helps to know that someone else understands what we are going through. I truly feel that my Mom isn't long for this world, and it was just 2 yrs ago that we watched my FIL pass in the Hospital...
As to your RA, I truly hope that you have many more good days than bad days ahead.
I have had my Blood Work come back several times showing RA Factors, what ever that means. But so far, no RA. However, I have had pain in my Fingers in the past several months and I am not sure if it has anything to do with it, or if it is just because of my Crocheting. I am hoping to get into a local Neurologist soon.
LOL@ hysterectomy comment. That sounds just like my grandpa. That last meal sounds absolutely divine! I'm not having surgery again but can your husband and friend come cook dinner for me? It's my birthday week so that's a good reason, right?
The meal sounds divine!
Yes, I agree. I will take it all. Steak, lobster, wine, dessert. All. Thank you.
That meal sounds great, I'm impressed that 2 men put that together!
I'm so glad you've got two great men behind you routing for you (along with all of us).
I can't believe how close your date is - already starting the pre-op diet! I'm so pumped for you. :)
Good Lord in wonderful Heaven that meal sounds wonderful! Double jealous!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!