First I need to thank each of you for your words of encouragement, love, prayers and good thoughts. You have no idea how much I appreciate you, love you, and need you - You are the best, and I am eternally thankful that you're in my life - Thank you!
I got a bloody lip on Friday (isn't my first, won't be the last) and after a "slight readjustment" courtesy of the Hubs, I spent the weekend thinking of everything and anything BUT lap-bands. I know I've said it in an earlier post, but there are few things that relieve stress better than beating to a pulp a little white ball (actually I use a pink ball - freaks guys out when I out-drive them..) around a manicured golf course. We golfed both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday we golfed in an outing that benefited a terrific local cause. After my insurance denial on Friday, Saturday was a great day to participate in the event.. I won "Women's Long Drive" with a posted 254 yard drive (6 yards short of the posted "Men's Long Drive"). We calculated the distances using a GPS yardage device - talk about letting frustrations out, and it felt sooo goooood.. My longest ever recorded drive before this was 220 yards. The prize was a dinner package at a local restaurant, should be fun!
Back to
Friday... After hearing about my denial, I spent the rest of the day crying in my beer - or in my case "Manhattans".. Yep, I went for the big guns - scotch. It was actually the Hubs who verbally "slapped" me out of my pity party and he was none too gentle about it either. I really didn't appreciate it at the time, but I think it did the trick. He asked me point blank.. "What's up with that? Are you just going to sit there sobbing about this, or are you going to start acting like the strong woman I married? Your call.." (GULP...) Then he said, "Your Mother would slap the tears right off you right now... She wouldn't just give up and just cry - and you never shied away from a good fight either.." He finished up my verbal black eye by telling me that "he'll fight along-side me and use every means at his disposal to see this thing through" and that "this thing is by no means over, so let's get on with it".. Totally unexpected, but very much needed...
So, this morning I have a message on my phone from the Hubs... "Yo, Rocky, here's what we need to do today..." and he goes through the list of "ducks" that I need to get in order. So that is how I am spending my day today (I should be shampooing rugs).. This has not been an easy-going process from the beginning.. Why would I have thought the approval process would go any differently?!? The Hubs is absolutely right. I have never shied away from the good fight - even if it meant getting a bloody lip or black eye (or two, or three). I have stood up for myself and my beliefs in the past, why would I stop now?? Why would this be situation be any different?? And knowing that he is behind me, beside me, with me, means the world to me - he has told me that I AM WORTH THIS.. and I love him all the more for his "encouragement".. So.... In the imortal words of John Paul Jones, Naval hero of the Revolutionary War...
..."I have not yet begun to fight!"
Until Next Time!



6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Standing up and applauding!! YAY! Fight Lisa fight! I had to lol when your husband called your Rocky! I even read it outloud to my Chris!
Thinking of you every step! If I can help you know where I am.
YEAH! Go get 'em girl!
yes! Yes! YES! Your hubby sounds like my kind of guy! Y'all can fight this and you can win! We're all pulling for you.
It's the Eye of the Tiger...it's the thrill of the fight!
Great...now that song's going to be in my head all day.
This is what I love to hear! Props to Mr. Hubs for getting your head back in the game! :D
sounds like you have an amazing man on your side. Hang in there, you will see this through.
I like that he is keeping th fight in you. Nothing like a good man in your corner.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!