B.Y.O.C

It’s Friday so that means it’s BYOC day – Bring Your Own Crazy….to five questions we all answer in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!

1. How and why did you first start blogging? And how long have you been blogging?

I began blogging about a year ago simply to create a journal about my quest to get healthier.  I do love journaling, but when my arthritis started to become a pain in the...  uhm...  joints, well, writing became more and more difficult.  Blogging seemed to be a good way to write about my thoughts, my journey, my life - without the cramped fingers!  I never thought anyone would actually care to read anything that I wrote.  I was stunned when Band Groupie from The Sweet Spot became my very first follower!  Someone actually READ what I had written - and even admitted to it!   I have found friendship, love, support and fellowship.  What an amazing experience this has turned out to be - and you're all stuck with me for a long time!

2. Tell me about your perfect mate – if you could invent him/her?


For me, he's already been invented - and we've been married for thirty years (I tell folks I was married at the age of nine - they don't believe me either...)  He is gorgeous, smart, strong, fun to spend time with, and my true and living soul mate.  Swarthy and sexy in that Italian kind of way, and he loves to cook!  He is a man's man who hunts, drinks scotch, smokes cigars, swears like a sailor, and he is the most competitive person I know.  He is tender and wears his emotions on his sleeve - a man who weeps in love while holding his GrandAngel.  A brilliant man - graduating cum laude in college and attending law school while working full time to support his growing family.  He works hard for his family, and he loves me for me - no matter what size I may be..  I see it every time I look into his almond brown eyes..   He is a man of deep faith and strong conviction.  We are best friends and lovers..  I am truly a blessed woman!


3. Do you wear fake eyelashes? Do you want to? Do you use glue or self-stick ones? Do you like how they look?


Oh heavens no...  I once tried putting fake nails on and super glued my fingers to the super glue container - I am sure I would glue my eyes shut permanently if I would even try it!  Would I have them done professionally??  Who knows..  I'm just afraid of that Great Laura Desmond look if they should decide to fall off!


4. Let’s say money was no object and neither was time off to recover – are you an advocate of plastic surgery after weight loss?


Sure..  I think it's a terrific idea - if money and time were no object.  Why not?  I know for many it is a necessity.  Sometimes exercise alone can't relieve us from skin that no longer has fat in it.. 


5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.


Real life it has been hectic trying to get back into the swing of things after such a glorious two week vacation - I just don't wanna!!  And, this horrible waiting is really wearing on me.  I am just waiting...  waiting..  and more waiting..  It seems that my days revolve around waiting for my phone to ring, watching it, keeping it close - you'd think I were getting ready to give birth!  Then friday comes along, and I chalk up another week of useless waiting.....  I'm not going to melt down again...  I'm not going to melt down again...


In blog land all is terrific!  I spent this week taking my time catching up on all your blogs (when I should have been working..)   I did have a melt down in blog land the week before - which all of you so graciously lifted me out of, and I thank you. 



Have a terrific weekend!!
  And don't do anything I wouldn't do!


Until Next Time!

1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Rhonda said...

Aww, I LOVE ladybugs! :)

You're so lucky you found such a good husband so young. I mean, who finds their soulmate at 9 years old?! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!