So here's the scoop. On Wednesday, the "Firm" launched an official "investigation" (incident report) into the reason why I hadn't heard diddly squat from my insurance company in almost six weeks regarding my inquiry into lap band surgery. So far here is the result. The insurance company insists that they had received my request and records on June 7th, and that it takes ten days to process the request. Since then, they have requested not two (as stated in the written requirements) but three years of weight history from my primary care physician - which was faxed to them late yesterday. Thankfully for me I had been seeing this physician for over three years! Whew! I say "thankfully" because other than my marriage, I'm usually not that committed. BUT, the Insurance Guru from the Bariatric office has insisted that she formally submitted my information to the insurance company in late May...... Therein lies the discrepancy.. I really loathe this crap - really, I do. So that is where we stand. Ten business days from June 7th is Monday... We shall see.... I'm not holding my breath. But I do have the "big guns" making the calls now, which is a good thing, I suppose.
On to bigger and better things. Well, maybe not "bigger", but better. We spent most of this week with our GrandAngel. And if I said it once, I'll say it a thousand times - don't spend your hard earned money on a gym membership - rent or find yourself an energetic two year old - I'm sure there are many a parent out there who would be more than glad to pass one out for an afternoon or so!! I have lost three pounds this week just trying to keep up with him! Eating?? fahgetabahtit! You're not going to eat anything without them saying "want some??" and then giving it up to them! And I think I've chased him around the house about a bazillion times as HE chased the coon hound - wanting to ride him... The hound is pretty laid back for the most part, but I'm sure he can only take being poked in the eyes so many times... "Grammy! Eyes! His Eyes!" I think the hound has taken to hiding these days...
Today we took the Munchkin to visit the parents down in the 'Burgh.. They haven't seen him in awhile and we all had a pretty terrific time together.. I'm sure they had gone to bed within minutes of our leaving though - they had that "look" about them.. The GrandAngel does that to people...
Soooo, that's what's going on in LisaLand.. I hope all is well in your world!
Until Next Time!



6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
It certainly sounds like you got their attention! Good luck and thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. Hopefully, I will be wishing you well on your surgery before too long!
Thanks for visiting and for the encouragement! I hope everything works out with the insurance and you hear something really soon!!!
What a darling, I can definitely rent out my almost 4-year-olds to anyone who wants to take them on an adventure today. I promise results! :)
So now we finally know the problem, PCP is being difficult. Hmm. Well, it sounds like you'll have results sometime in the next week, which is a relief. I can't wait to hear! This waiting is driving me to drink, can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you. But you're staying on plan! :) And that just shows what a strong incredible lady you are, not that we had any doubts!
Love you!
You really did get their attention!! Way to go doll! Hopefully the fire is burning and you'll know something soon-ish!
Love the new blog design btw. Looks nice and springy!
I am glad it is finally moving along! Yes, kids can work you harder than any gym!
I hope you hear something soon!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!