With Your Help....

Oh my..  today started out really crappy - on sooo many levels.  This was one of those mornings that I really felt I have achieved something terrific simply by getting out of bed, making my bed and brushing my teeth.  And believe me, it  took everything in my body, every ounce of will power to get that far!  This weather is CRAP on the joints, and it's killing me!!  I feel like an accordion waiting to be played "Lady of Spain"....  This rainy, cold,  and windy weather is just about the worst thing that can happen to arthritis patients - and I am here to attest to that fact!  But, succeed I did (pat on the back inserted here) - and got some work done on top of it all - now isn't that just special???  I did a little yoga this afternoon in the feeble attempt to get my joints doing what they needed to be doing - and that is moving!  I think that helped a little, but I'm still ready for a steam room and a massage!  The yoga helped, but more importantly, what helped me the most was reading YOUR blogs.  You have inspired me get out of bed this morning, to get some things done that I needed to get done - thank you for helping me though this horrid day!  I got such wonderful inspiration from Amanda who is THIS close to getting her band,  and from a bandster who is going tomorrow to get hers,  and from a blogger who has just gotten a fill and is beginning to see some movement in the scale, from another blogger who is beginning to see the difference in her appearance - although it is not readily obvious, it is there, and from the bloggers who are seeing this thing through without the band - and the fight in them!  I love reading the blogs from those who have succeeded, and from those who are beginning their journeys, and who are in the process of succeeding - even though the road seems long and hard..  I see and read of such positive attitudes, such determination, such will power - that, my beautiful sisters, gives me the courage to get up and get moving - YOU give me the courage, the strength, the will power, and the determination to live my life today - and I thank you!  From the bottom of my heart, I thank you...

I had a terrific phone call from my "Baby" this evening!  He and his beautiful little friend (K) are coming home for the weekend!!  There is no football this weekend (thankfully) - this is a bye week - and finals are finishing up this week.  He called just to say that he needs some "home time" - isn't that just terrific???  I asked if he wanted to go to the Cal State/Bloomsberg game with the Hubs, and he said that he "just wanted to be home for a couple of days"...  So, we planned it!  We're going to do steaks on the grill, martinis, and cigars - no football, no classes, no running - just some wonderful family time.  I called our oldest "Baby", and he and his wife and the GrandAngel are coming too!  The Guys will just have to smoke the cigars out on the Sun porch!  I am sooo going to enjoy this "pre-thanksgiving" treat of having all my babies around me this weekend!

So...  even though the day started out crappy, with your help I was able to get through it all to this evening - I am thankful for the the blessing I received from my youngest, and he has literally set me on cloud nine!  Oh my, I have so much to do now!!  I've got to get his room ready, the guest room ready for his friend, and buy LOTS of steaks and cigars!!  I don't have TIME for arthritis!!

...and that's a good thing!

Until next time!

5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Rachel said...

I have boys too...I'm so glad they are coming home. It doesn't surprise me that they look forward to seeing you. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I always appreciate hearing from you.

Amanda said...

The weekend with the boys sounds so wonderful! I'd even smoke a cigar...well perhaps just a tiny bit of one! What I have observed is that a lot of us in real life don't feel as confident and brave as we really are. How many people in this world refuse to take their health into their own hands and fight the good fight! I, too am inspired and rejuvinated daily by reading blogs. I really feel we see the REAL side of these people who might shy away! Plus I am always happy to hear from you. You are always so positive and it is good to hav positive on your side (mine)! Thanks for the comments about the house! I love it too! I can be quite different with what I like to decorate with. Bright colors, modern, and antique all in one room!

Alison said...

How lovely that he just wants to be home, I have tears in my eyes! That could be because my "baby" has just stuck his fingers in my eyes though!

Amanda Kiska said...

Enjoy your family! That is wonderful! Just the pick-me-up you needed!

Lap Band Groupie said...

YAY for our babies coming home...even the big ones! You're always a ray of sunshine in my day sister...and I'm with you on this craptastic weather...I think that's part of the reason I couldn't sleep...the house was blowing apart!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!