What and exhausting weekend.. - but it was exhaustingly wonderful! Friday our Baby came home with his beautiful little friend after their finals. He would normally be on end of term break, but since they're playing football next Saturday, he will be staying at school going to practice, watch films - all that football stuff. Coach gave them the weekend off though which made my Mom heart smile! Friday I spent the day cleaning from top to bottom (my absolute favorite thing to do - not.). When the kids arrived we went out for Mexican. Margarita's taste soooo good after cleaning! Saturday, ALL the kids, including our GrandAngel came for steaks, martinis and cigars.. No, the GrandAngel didn't have a cigar but Grammy made sure there were plenty of yummys for him. I made them all go out onto the sun porch with their smokes though. And, believe it or not, I myself got through about a half of a cigar - I had to celebrate, right??
Sunday was a really special day - my birthday gift from the Hubs! We had dinner at the Capital Grill and then saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra - oh mercy... What a performance!! We had terrific seats, the music was absolutely amazing and the light show was beyond stunning! I think I'm starting to get into the holiday mood since I've seen the show and that's a good thing! It won't happen in full force until I see Santa at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade though... That always does it for me!
Now I know why my little Polish Grandmother did so much and smiled so much when the entire family gathered for get togethers. She would cook for days - and I mean DAYS before a gathering. When the entire family got together for holidays, her five children and all their families, she would allow herself one Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry and would be almost giddy having us all around her. I can remember her telling me to eat, "don't be shy..", she'd say - as though I could get anywhere near the incredible Polish food she prepared as my male cousins elbowed their way to the food! Anyway, having my children, and now a GrandAngel around me this weekend reminded me of my Grandmother. Now I know why she did the things she did - and smiled the way she smiled - from her big, wonderful, tender, heart....Tomorrow is a big Bariatric Doc day. I have my second Nutritionist appointment and my second weight check in Erie. I'll probably be handed another packet of "to do" hoops that need to be jumped through.. But, that's OK.. Every hoop is one step closer, right? Today I filled in my Nutritional Questionnaire, watched the three videos I was required to see before this visit tomorrow, got a haircut, and did pretty much nothing else. I'm in recovery mode...
With Thanksgiving coming in three more days there still have much to do but mostly in the way of food preparation. I'm still not certain yet if our parents are coming to dinner, but we will be having the family and perhaps a couple of friends for dessert. Most of the cleaning is (thankfully) done - other than the usual everyday pain in the neck stuff. Yes, all six bathroom are sparkling clean - you'd be impressed.. And the Hubs actually added three more bottles of wine to the cellar which brings us up to a whopping fifteen bottles!
I hope everyone had a terrific weekend!
Until next time!






5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Margaritas are my favorite! Reading about your Grandmother makes me miss mine and my mom. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. The Macy's Parade always puts me in the spirit too. Just something about it. My hubby thinks I'm a dork but whatever. LOL.
I love the Capital Grill! It was one of my favorite places to eat when I lived in the City!
Sounds like a lovely weekend with the family! I had a great weekend too! Patiently waiting for phone calls!
Good job on sparkling bathrooms..my two are free for you to come and work your magic!
I'm still astounded about your 6 bathrooms!
So glad that you enjoyed your birthday present. Lots of luck for tomorrow!
Have a great holiday!!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!