Peaceful Day...

It's time once again for some redecorating - I said earlier that I love changing things!  It's my prerogative, remember??  Like the Thanksgiving theme??

We had a very nice Halloween here..  It was quiet, and we really didn't do much.  We lit a fire, had a glass of wine,  prepared a nice Sunday dinner, and waited to see if any little Goblins would by chance stumble by..   No kids came - again.  I was prepared for trick or treater's, I always am - but our lack of Goblins just leaves more candy for the boys and for the GrandAngel!  Our boys are grown men now but they know there's a pumpkin full of treats here waiting for them - and they'll be by to get their pumpkins - they know there's a little cash and a gas card under all the candy thanks to Dad..   Our GrandAngel came by tonight - dressed as a clown!  He had (I think he had..) a white painted face and a red painted nose..  I took a photo but by the time he got here after a full day of trick or treating, his clown makeup was brown with chocolate, his red curly hair attached to his clown hat was gone and he was sticky all over!  I have him tonight and tomorrow, so the first order of business was a tubby!  I love my GrandAngel, but the furniture is only three months old!  I may have to get those clear plastic furniture covers like Marie used to have on "Everyone Loves Raymond"!  Uhmm.... no.

So, that was our weekend..  Our "Baby's" football game yesterday and enjoying a fire today, relaxing.  Not much more than that...  I love Sunday's like this.  Nothing needs to be done, and nothing gets done.  A day to just come home from Church, put on a pair of sweats, and watch the storm clouds roll in over the horizon.  Today was a day to recharge, reboot and regroup.  Me and the Hubs enjoyed an afternoon today of cooking, talking, laughing and just spending time together.  We realize that sometimes we get caught up in what we believe "needs" to be done throughout the week - but in reality, all that "needs" to be done is spending time together as we have today.  Everything else is secondary.  It's a philosophy that has brought us to almost thirty years of marriage - we're best friends, and our priorities are eachother, first, foremost. Period.  Time like this is very precious and we embrace every blessed second of it.  

Having our GrandAngel with us for the evening was the icing on the cake! 

Until next time!

3 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

I'd like to be put on the list for candy, cash, and a gas card please!! :)

I had a lovely day yesterday too. Even got a nap in! Love it!

MandaPanda said...

Seriously, can I have a pumpkin too? I think it's wonderful that you and your husband still see eachother as such a priority. As a mom with two young children, I'd love to ask if it was like that when your boys were younger too? I find it incredibly difficult to find time to make my hubby a priority after taking care of my girls.

Amanda said...

I can't see how a martini could survive the mail!! :)
I know can you believe the napkins. So how are you this tuesday!?

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!