PSAC West Champions!

Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good.

~Joe Paterno
Head Coach, Penn State University
Congratulations on 400 Wins!


That was a hearty congrats "Jo-Pa", but my huge, super, big, ginormous news is...   that Hurst brought it home!!  We WON THE WEST!!!  We are the PSAC West Champions!!!  Oh, Mercy - what a terrific game!  We did it!!  Can you believe it??   We beat Clarion University 38-14!  I was a little worried there in the first half..  We were down 14-0.  I think our guys thought for a short time that all they would have to do is show up in uniforms and Clarion would just collapse in fright......  They didn't collapse, in fact, they brought it to us, wrapped, and tied in a HUGE blue and gold ribbon!  Wow..  woke US up, that's for sure! 

The quote from "Jo-Pa" seems very appropriate for this momentous occasion for our Guys.  They succeeded, and they did it with honor.  I can't count the times we were sworn at while cheering our Guys on, or how many times the locker room at home was trashed by an opposing (and losing) team - don't get me started on the excrement that was found after a game....  We have photos of teams just walking past us with their arms folded, refusing to shake hands after the game, and even had an opposing team coach bad mouth us to the press - whiny local crap that should have never been brought up in the news.  Through it all, our Guys just focused and played their game - they played on.  And with each slap, it only made them more determined.  I am so enormously proud of them - they deserve this Championship.  They deserve it because they played hard and with determination. They won it with honor....

...Their steak's are going to taste REAL good tonight with all that seasoning!

Happy Weekend to YOU!

Until next time!

2 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

Fabulous!!!! Wish I was there to celebrate with ya!


On the dishwasher front! I got one...and they are installing it on Wednesday. We looked at stove/ovens. Picked a few out but they didn't have any that would fit..we have to special order. However I am pretty sure we will get one of those too! However I slow roasted a turkey yesterday and it didn't smoke up the house. So I might slow down my argument!! :)

Rachel said...

Congrats...I can feel your excitement jump off the page!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!