Ok, my second rant of the month, but who's counting.....
I hate waiting. With a passion, I hate waiting. Waiting and worrying - the two things in the world I hate the most. Yeah, I know that "hate" is a strong word, but I can think of no other distasteful description of my complete and utter dislike of waiting. I hate to wait. I am as impatient as they come. "They" say that patience is a virtue, I probably slept in the day that virtue was being passed out - 'cause I didn't get any. And worrying. Worrying seems to go along with waiting with me. When I wait, I worry - and I'm usually worrying because I am waiting! Ok, where is this leading?? If you're a parent, you'll commiserate with me - if you're planning on being a parent, read on! You're about to get an education..
I have two sons. They've each grown into wonderful, incredible human beings, and they make me proud each and every day - but - like all of us, they have their faults. My oldest Baby who is twenty five, married, and has his own family, is my procrastinator. I think he failed the subject of telling TIME in the first grade.. My youngest Baby, the twenty one year old in college, is my "worry-er. They've been this way since they were young, and quite frankly, it drives me NUTS! Picture it. We're all rushing around getting ready for work and school - my youngest is pacing back and forth mumbling to himself because his lunch ticket money is due, and he's not sure if he wants tickets or money for a sub. Meanwhile, my oldest is fast asleep on the commode, pajamas around his ankles, head on the back of the tank...... Really happened. Typical morning when they were younger. And, what happens when they are little only becomes larger as they grow, so keep 'em little as looooong as you can!
The Hubs and the Oldest Baby are going hunting tomorrow. It's the first time they've hunted together since our oldest Baby got out of the Navy - so it's been about five or six years. They're really excited about it too! They spent the weekend building a deer stand together on the property and have all their gear ready to go in the mud room. It's not really the hunting - the Hubs said he is enjoying this time alone with our son. Anyway... Our oldest was supposed to be here at 10pm with our GrandAngel. 10:30 comes, I text him - nothing. 11:00 comes, no kid, no text - nothing. Finally at 11:30 at night, I receive a message from him saying that he was at Wal Mart.. Are you ready for this?? Getting his hunting license! Are you KIDDING me??? If he were here I would have throttled him!! Ohhhhh, I gave it to him over the phone - he was at flipping WAL MART getting his hunting license at 11:30 at night - the night before he is due to go out with his Dad! They're coming tomorrow (actually this morning) at 4am.... I was stewing here thinking the most terrible, horrific thoughts of him and my GrandAngel driving these dark roads at night - and he's at
Wal Mart..............
Give me a drink.
Until next time!
I hate waiting. With a passion, I hate waiting. Waiting and worrying - the two things in the world I hate the most. Yeah, I know that "hate" is a strong word, but I can think of no other distasteful description of my complete and utter dislike of waiting. I hate to wait. I am as impatient as they come. "They" say that patience is a virtue, I probably slept in the day that virtue was being passed out - 'cause I didn't get any. And worrying. Worrying seems to go along with waiting with me. When I wait, I worry - and I'm usually worrying because I am waiting! Ok, where is this leading?? If you're a parent, you'll commiserate with me - if you're planning on being a parent, read on! You're about to get an education..
I have two sons. They've each grown into wonderful, incredible human beings, and they make me proud each and every day - but - like all of us, they have their faults. My oldest Baby who is twenty five, married, and has his own family, is my procrastinator. I think he failed the subject of telling TIME in the first grade.. My youngest Baby, the twenty one year old in college, is my "worry-er. They've been this way since they were young, and quite frankly, it drives me NUTS! Picture it. We're all rushing around getting ready for work and school - my youngest is pacing back and forth mumbling to himself because his lunch ticket money is due, and he's not sure if he wants tickets or money for a sub. Meanwhile, my oldest is fast asleep on the commode, pajamas around his ankles, head on the back of the tank...... Really happened. Typical morning when they were younger. And, what happens when they are little only becomes larger as they grow, so keep 'em little as looooong as you can!
The Hubs and the Oldest Baby are going hunting tomorrow. It's the first time they've hunted together since our oldest Baby got out of the Navy - so it's been about five or six years. They're really excited about it too! They spent the weekend building a deer stand together on the property and have all their gear ready to go in the mud room. It's not really the hunting - the Hubs said he is enjoying this time alone with our son. Anyway... Our oldest was supposed to be here at 10pm with our GrandAngel. 10:30 comes, I text him - nothing. 11:00 comes, no kid, no text - nothing. Finally at 11:30 at night, I receive a message from him saying that he was at Wal Mart.. Are you ready for this?? Getting his hunting license! Are you KIDDING me??? If he were here I would have throttled him!! Ohhhhh, I gave it to him over the phone - he was at flipping WAL MART getting his hunting license at 11:30 at night - the night before he is due to go out with his Dad! They're coming tomorrow (actually this morning) at 4am.... I was stewing here thinking the most terrible, horrific thoughts of him and my GrandAngel driving these dark roads at night - and he's at
Wal Mart..............
Give me a drink.
Until next time!





5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Oh wow. Yeah...that would drive me absolutely batty! Congratulations on the football win (I'm a little late). I like the new layout... very festive. But then again, I love overboard Christmas decorations so this is right up my alley. LOL.
I can't tell you how many times I've told my Mom lately that I'm learning I'll be parenting forever...and have told my youngest sister (with two little boys) that those tiny problems become bigger ones when they get older! LOL...thanks for sharing...I don't feel alone (and I hope they had fun together!...another reason to hate WalMart).
Holy Cow this sounds a bit like my husband! I'll drink with you! But make it quick because I am on liquids very very soon!!
THANK YOU! I am so excited! I am drinking some sparkling wine right now. Might be a tiny bit tipsy. Liquid tomorrow! And for the next several weeks! So I will be living vicariously through you!
Yep, that would drive me nuts too. I'm not a patient person either, which is REALLY a disadvantage, especially since I'm an author and I'm constantly waiting to hear from someone, whether it's an editor or publisher. LOL
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!