They Did It AGAIN!!

Just returned from watching our Baby's football game - they WON!!!  Our Lakers are ranked #8 in the country in NCAA, Division 2 football! - can I get a "WOOT, WOOT"?!?!  Wow....  To say we're all stunned right now would be an understatement!  But, celebrate we did - with sausages, ribs, sauerkraut, and LOTS of Scotch - it was COLD out there!!  A girl's gotta do something to keep warm!!  I switched to warm apple cider in the second half, but I still detected a hint of scotch in the cider.   You know this was an important event, this woman does not sit in the cold and snow - EVER.  Repeat.  EVER!  I had so many layers of clothes on, I could barely bend!  I had four tops on under my wool coat, long underwear, jeans, sweat pants, hat, scarf, gloves and three pairs of socks.  And...  I was wrapped in my Laker blanket!  The temperature was in the twenties, but twenties in Erie (so close to the lake) are not like twenties at home.  There is some serious wind that comes off that lake, and there is nowhere to hide from it!

That's our "Baby" on the right!
It was an absolutely terrific game!  We played Bloomsberg again who we beat two weeks ago at the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference championship.  They're a tough team and a good team (on so many levels) - Bloomsberg had a perfect record until they came to Erie two weeks ago, and they returned this time with revenge in their eyes..   They were not happy about losing last time - at all.. 

I'll be anxious to read the papers tomorrow.  I heard from our Baby that there was a "press conference" outside of the locker room after the game.  ESPN, CBS (several PA affiliates), local reporters, and the guy from the Division 2 dot com. were there asking questions for about forty minutes after the game.  Hubs is staying up there to see how much of it may be on the local news tonight - our Baby was asked a few questions!  I reeeeally hope the Hubs gets it on tape of it for me!  I couldn't stay tonight because I couldn't leave Hellfire and Damnation (the dogs) here at home alone overnight - I don't even want to begin to imagine what they might do - they're worse than kids... 

So that was my Saturday!  We're going to pack it all up and do it all over again next week.  I believe we're playing a team from West Virginia - at HOME!  Let's hope the snow and wind stays away next time - I know, wishful thinking...

I'm not sure if I like this new blog set up.. - it's kinda busy..  Oh well..  Maybe I just need to get used to it.  It reminds me of when I worked in a hospital in Pittsburgh.  My dear, dear, friend B. - who is Jewish, and who calls me her "little gentile friend" was feeling a little left out while we were making plans about decorating the Microbiology dept for Christmas.  Well....  I couldn't leave my best friend in the world out of the festivities!  So..  we made it a Hanukkah/Christmas theme!  Never having decorated before, she decorated EVERY blessed square inch of that laboratory!!  Snowflakes, garland, lights, Stars of David, balls, dradles, mangers - you name it, it was hanging somewhere..  Oh Mercy, I wish I had photos!!  It was a literal Christmas EXPLOSION!  And more fun than you can imagine!  We didn't win "Best Decorated", but received a "special award" for MOST decorated that year!  Clark Griswold didn't have anything on us!

Until next time!!

5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Sandy said...

I love the new layout. Now I need to find something Christmas-y. Isn't this weather crappy and cold. I wish we were back in summer. Oh well, only 4 months to go til Spring. Congrats to your son's football team.

Amanda said...

I really like the new layout!! Inspires me to make some Christmas cards which I am already behind.... Congrats once more on your sons football. This is fantastic isn't it. You must be so proud! Tell those boys they must find some team near western nc to play so I can come drink scotch with ya.

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I really like the new layout too - very festive - I must try and do something for mine - you have inspired me !

Alison said...

I really like the layout too, very Christmassy!
Congratulations on your son's football win, I'd be so proud I'd probably pop!

Rachel said...

Thanks for your sweet comments. You are an angelic virtual friend. I love your Xmas decor. And the pics of your baby are cute too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!