A Productive Day...

This proud Navy Mom
Voted!
Thank heavens it is OVER - the election season, that is..  And it was brutal this year... All those negative ads, the phone calls, and the electioneering, simply brutal.  I find that the negative ads, phone calls and electioneering is such an enormous waste of time and money if your ask me, my mind was made up months ago..   I pray that there are no "recount" issues to drag it out any longer than it has to be!!  The good thing is that now I can now take the signs out of our yard - they really don't go with the Autumn theme that I've worked so hard to achieve...  (Being sarcastic here) I just have a few corn stalks from across the road, some pumpkins and gourds, and some pretty brown and orange ribbon.  But the red, white and blue signs just simply will not do - said in my Martha Stewart voice!

Oh Mercy, today was a busy one!  I can check LOTS more hoops off my lap band checklist.  I left home at six thirty this morning for my trek up to Hamot -  I had much better travelling weather for this trip, thankfully.  I left this morning without eating, and without my beloved Starbucks..  It was a LONG eighty five mile drive..  It took everything inside me to keep awake at that ungodly hour of the morning!  But, thankfully I got there in one piece - with one heck of a lack of caffeine headache to boot..  I had my chest x-rays, my upper GI, my pulmonary function test and my EKG.  Trust me, if anyone attempts to give you barium for any reason, run far, far away!!  That is some nasty stuff!!  But, I did get to see my small intestine - that was interesting - never saw that before.  And I found out I have a slight hiatal hernia and some acid reflux..    Mmmm boy!

After the Hamot Shuffle, I stopped at the polling place - there was a LINE!  Can you believe it??  A line!  I actually had to wait to vote!  That might not sound very significant for those who live in larger, more metropolitan areas, but here, in Timbuktu, there was actually a line to vote - how terrific is that??  Here everyone knows each other on a first name basis.  When I sign in, I'm busy talking about the Boys, the GrandAngel, the Hubs - and hearing all the poll workers updates, too..  Voting is a social time to catch up.  They also have the best coffee and doughnuts around!  I had to show ID only once - and that was the first year we moved here fourteen years ago.  I did stay for coffee and a small roll after voting today - there was just too much stuff to catch up on, it's almost Mayberry-ish!

So it was a productive day today.  I accomplished a lot of things and I feel good about that.  Oh!  I almost forgot..  After the Hamot Shuffle I also went out and bought a new coat - while driving up to Erie today the temperature read twenty four degrees - that is all the incentive that I needed to get me out shopping for a new coat!  So, I came home with a new wool coat, a new Kathy bag, and some really terrific earrings (an early birthday gift to me!) - not a bad day if I say so myself!

Until next time!

2 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

MandaPanda said...

I yearn for Mayberry. I voted as well and there was a line (there's always a line) and I always have to show ID and they're not all that friend and, and, and...oh bugger! Nevermind. LOL. Glad you got some shopping in...I love big wooly coats!

Amanda said...

Hello my dear!? Just wanted to check in and say hello! I have been so busy this week but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to catch up in blog world! So what does the hernia and the reflux do surgery wise? Is it something that can be repaired during surgery? I have heard they can! I am assuming that the upper and lower GI is next on my list...curious about it. SOunds awful!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!