A Toast to 100 Posts...

Get out the horn blowers, the party hats, and the balloons - this is my 100th post!!  Yeah!  If you would have told me a few months ago that I would still be writing 100 posts from now, I would have laughed at you!  I just never imagined that I would have enough thoughts or stories or, quite frankly, anything to write about!   C'mon, let's face it - I'm just not that interesting!   I don't live a double life, I'm not an international spy, or a globe trotting social-lite..  Really..  If Bravo-TV would ever decide to make a series of "The Real Housewives of Podunk", I'd be their woman!  Picture it..  I could be cat fighting with another "housewife" over which Amish family makes the best Shoo fly Pie in the county in the first episode! Or, which farm store sells the best manure - I can literally rip the eyes out of that witch who had the nerve to beat my jelly at the county fair - winning the blue ribbon - the CHEAT!   Nope, just not that interesting!  But, here I am 100 posts later - still at it, and I'm loving every second of it! 

So, in this 100th post I would like to share with you what I've been pondering lately.  Mountains.  Yep, mountains.   We all have them, and we climb them everyday of our lives.  None of us are immune.  Some of our mountains are steep - so steep that it seems our shaky legs couldn't possibly get us anywhere, let alone reach the top.  Some of our mountains are bumps, almost like speed bumps - but to us, they're speed bumps that if not maneuvered carefully could rip the underside of our cars right out from under us.

 What I have learned in the forty nine years I've been blessed to walk this earth is that I don't walk my mountains alone.  Oh, I've tried - and eventually I have succeeded - BUT -  If I attempt to climb my steepest mountain alone, I fall.  And when I do, I am left cold and alone before attempting to get up and try again and again.  When I go ripping over my speed bumps alone, there isn't a tow truck in sight while the undersides of my life are left behind on the road, leaving me to walk alone to safety.  Oh, I eventually get there, but beat up, bedraggled, and worn out.  I am a strong, able woman who can face life's difficulties, my mountains, head on - and I have.  But what I have found is that when I'm faced with my mountains, no matter how steep or how shallow, it is always more comforting, and always best to walk that path with others who are walking the same path as I, along side me.. To climb with those who have climbed that mountain before, and can show me way - or with someone with the number of a good tow truck.   No, we aren't alone in our daily struggles, our mountains, our attempts.  We fall, we lift eachother up.  We begin the climb, and others are there to show us the way.  We make a mess of things, and someone is there with the right tools to get us back on track.  We reach the apex of our mountains, and someone is there to celebrate with us...

I guess where I am going with this is that I have support, my strong arm that lifts me when I fall, right here with me in my Hubs and in my family - AND - I have also found that I climb my mountains with YOU....  That is what I have gotten out of 100 posts - I've learned that I have been blessed to have met friends who climb the mountains of life with me and beside me -  AND - who carry AAA cards when I've need it!  I thank you for that!

So, here's to the next 100 posts!  May your mountains be mole hills, and may your mole hills be run over by the tractor!







Until next time!

3 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Alison said...

Happy 100th!
I'm proud to be climbing right alongside you!

Rachel said...

Love the analogy. With this type of philosophy, I think you are setting yourself up for success.

MandaPanda said...

Congrats on 100 posts! I let my 100th pass with no mention...but you articulated everything I would've said but with much more grace and charm.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!