Thanks to all of YOU, I think I'm over my little pity party.. I don't know.. Just kinda feeling blue these past few days, but I can always count on my blog-buds to help me through - and you came through with flying colors!! I told you I need COLOR in my life and you came through!! Thank you.
The Hubs worked from home today which is always a blessing - I was climbing the walls, he noticed (or rather he couldn't take my sighing anymore) and offered to take me to the office so I could finish those projects I started two days ago, then we had lunch and ran some much needed errands. I think that deer I hit on that fateful Friday the thirteenth was a blessing in disguise (story here) - We were able to get out and about today because he now has a truck!!
I am really trying to be positive in all this - honestly, I am. I rescheduled my Nut appointment - which happens to be the day before my monthly weigh in. No, they couldn't do it the same day - I already asked. It seems the Nutritionist is there certain days and the PA who does my weight and fitness evaluation is there different days. Sooooo (stay with me, there's a purpose)... Since the Bariatric Center is One Hundred miles from home - and only twenty minutes from the place we have in the mountains - AND - the appointments are on a Monday and a Tuesday.... Well, you know where I am going with this! I just bought myself a five day trip to the mountains at the end of the month!! Yay!! That is the only place on earth that I tolerate the snow - where it belongs - on a ski resort! So, I suppose you can say that something good came out of all this pouting that I did the past few days... The weekend before is the Hubs Diaconate Reserves weekend, so we're going to the mountains on Friday and won't be home until Wednesday - it's all good! I just have yet another month to make up with my Support Group Meetings.
I need to schedule my Psychiatric evaluation next. That and my three group sessions are about all I need to finish. I'm kind of worried about the evaluation though.. Not that I have any psychotic tendencies that I know of, I have just never done anything like this before, and not knowing what to expect is really driving me up a wall. What are they looking for?? Will they pick apart all my faults?? All my quirks?? Any words of advice out there?? Waddya think?? I don't suppose I should take my trusty notebook with all the lists, checkmarks, history, Excel spreadsheets and color coded dates on it - Probably looks a little too OCD.. I'm just obsessing - yet again - nothing new here!
So, that was my day today. Instead of wallowing in my own self pity (I allowed myself one day of indulging in a "nobody loves me" kinda mood - I'm over it now) I just sat down at my desk, took a deep breath and figured out a way to get past this. Oh, by the way, my Christmas tree is still up. I found that I like the little bit of color it gives me right now, and I'm in no hurry to take it away. All the nick-nacks, trinkets, cards and stuff is all put away, and so is the outside stuff - just the tree is up. It's holding up nicely too! We're having our friends over on Sunday so it will probably be gone by then. I promise, it won't still be up on Good Friday - as it has in the past... In the meantime, I'm just drinking up all that pretty color while I still have it!
I went outside today and just took a walk through the snow. I've posted the photos of my little walk with nature. I figure that since it's going to be here awhile, I may as well become friends with it. Uhmmmm... We're not quite BFF's yet, but it's a start...
Until Next TIme!!
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago






12 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
YAY! I'm SO glad you're feeling better! I think we could all use a big dose of spring time weather, don't you? I know I for one will be glad to see some green grass and colorful flowers again. :)
I wouldn't stress over the psy evaluation. Basically they are looking to make sure ur not going to substitute an eating addiction with a drug addiction. And to make sure u have realistic expectations and a healthy outlook. Glad u are feeling a little better!
That's the chipper lady I like to read! The psych eval is no biggie at all. The test is the most annoying. It's like 350 questions that kinda repeat to make sure you're answering them honestly and they want to know if you believe in ghosts and aliens, if you hear voices and stuff like that. The actual meeting with the psychologist took 15 minutes and he's just seeing if you have an addiction problem. Band + eating disorder = problems. One lady used the band to become a bulimic since she couldn't make herself throw up. Crazy people. Anyhoo...she still got the band in the first place so nothing to worry about. Have a good weekend!
The mountain vacay sounds awesome.
The psych eval will most likely be super easy-- you'll have a conversation about the surgery, your expectations, etc and then you might take a paper and pencil test. They are there to help you, not to scare you or stand in your way.
Yeah, don't stress over the psychological test - I can't even remember what the questions were - I think it must be something that the Insurance company requires - since I paid for everything out of pocket, I probably didn't even need to have it done - but I was curious about the whole thing - I was hoping she would give me some insights on how my mind worked but she didn't !!!
I just posted a huge comment and my computer freaked out!!! I am so mad. Here goes again...hopefully the other one doesn't magically appear.
Don't worry about the evaluation. There is no way to prepare for it. "It is what it is"! No matter how prepared you think you can be, they always have a way of asking those questions that you just won't suspect. It's funny how one question can lead you down this path into so many different subjects. I found out that my mom may be a bit responsible for my weight problems. At the age of 8 I suffered from "baby fat" I probably would have been just fine with a growth spurt. That is when Weight Watchers, Diet Center, etc began. My mom was always naturally thin and could eat anything. My dad, sister and I all suffered from thunder thighs and bubble butts. I think this scared her. To this day, we are all still heavy. Hoping the band can help me out with this.
Thanks for visiting my blog...looking forward to getting to know you better.
Tracy
bandedadventures.blogspot.com
Love the pics. Snow is beautiful, but too much of it is a real bummer. Don't worry about your psych appt. I got myself all worked up, but it was a breeze. I think basically they want to make sure you don't think the band is a magic bullet where you aren't going to have to do any work. I think as long as your expectations of the band are realistic, you'll do fine.
Glad you're feeling better - and yay for mountain resort vacations! :)
Everyone on here loves you!
So glad that you're feeling better. I think that a spreadsheet sounds like a good idea, it all seems so complicated!
Don't you worry at all about the psych evaluation! It was really not a big deal. Worst part was the test I had to take! It was more draining then anything! You will need a martini after for sure! A trip to the mountain sounds lovely and relaxing! I will be a better blogger buddy next week for sure! xxx ~A
I agree with everything people said about the psych eval. They just want to make sure you are going through surgery for the right reasons. After reading your blog, I know you are in the right mindset. It will be fine. Glad you will get a mini vacation. Sounds rejuvenating!
I get those "nobody loves me" sessions....
Then I read the blogs and I know it's not true!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!