We made it back to the mountains this weekend. The Sudafed has kicked in, and I can finally breathe, taste, and function like a human being! The Guys have their first "serious" race this week and this tiny little condo looks like ski central.. The things you learn! Different races need different skis, different waxing techniques, and different gear.. We could probably outfit this entire resort with all the equipment jammed into this tiny place.. My biggest pet peeve is that this stuff is all jammed in here and not in the ski closet where it all belongs.. Skis, poles, boots, helmets, yadda, yadda... I've been told that it all has to be kept "warm" until race time.... WARM??? They're SKIS, for petes sake! The "Baby" informs me.. "Mom, you just don't get it...." as I trip over a snowboard and go hurling into a line of toasty warm boots....
Our GrandAngel is here with us too! He and I took his little blue sled out yesterday onto the tiny hill next to the deck. The only problem we had was that there was too much snow! I pulled him up the little hill and he sunk! We spent about fifteen minutes tamping the snow down to make a decent "run". I checked our little home made sledding run this morning, and there must be at least eight inches of new snow that needs tamped down again before we can use it.. I wonder if they'll consider grooming it for us as they do the real runs.... Probably not..
Food wise, I do really well when I am here. Not sure why that is.. Probably because I get too busy to mindlessly eat. I came in yesterday at around 1100 calories And with all that tamping, pulling, and sledding through the deep, deep snow, I'd say I got a pretty good workout too.
Welp, I think I hear the little one stirring which means it's time to let the fun begin! The Guys left about six this morning to travel to their race (the equipment is finally OUT of here) so it's just me 'n the Munchkin today! Should be a good day!
Until Next Time!
~Lisa~
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago


5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Wow, that sounds just wonderful! I do hate the snow, but for a little get away, it sounds like a lot of fun! and a good workout!
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I look forward to following you on your journey!
I sure do miss snow! We moved to FL 2 years ago but the whole family is still on Long Island and I got my fill at Christmas!
We were supposed to get some snow today, but we never did, so I'm upset and in denial right now. LOL *sniff sniff* I'm glad you're feeling better! :)
Sounds like a great time!
I will look forward to seeing how your support meeting went - don't forget to let us know!
People are sometimes shy about sharing - maybe that was the problem with your last meeting !
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!