A "Not Much Happening" Tuesday...

What a strange day it was here in the hinterlands of Western Pennsylvania.. In a twenty four hour period, we experienced ice (I woke up to at least two inches of the hellish stuff), rain, sleet, more rain and now snow again. Can you say "insanity"???  As of today, there are sixty one days left until the first day of Spring - do you think I'm just a little anxious???


I feel as though I am studying for a final exam..  Can you imagine??  I am one week out from my Nutritionist visit and my weight check visit, and I am checking and double checking my food log - several times a day - to make sure it gets a passing grade!!  It is not that I go "hog-wild" in the weeks immediately following a weight check visit, but it seems that as the weeks get closer to my next visit, my diet gets better..  Less snacking, more fruit and vegetables, better choices, more moving and exercising..  I like that, but my question is this, why can't I seem to do that ALL the time - and not while "they're looking"???  I feel like a classmate just said "the teacher is coming - LOOK BUSY!!"  Anyway, here's hoping that I get a shiney gold star on my assignment journal!

Speaking of classes, I really need some motivational help here.  I attend a Monday evening Scripture class which I truly enjoy.   We rotate classes at each others homes every week and I love just enjoying an evening of discussion, learning and spending time with friends.  Well, the gracious folks that they are, they always come with loads upon loads of desserts for our breaks!  I've tried bringing fruit and cheese plates, nuts - healthy things.  But there is always some kind of absolutely amazing dessert someone brings that just seems to taunt me mercilessly until I break down and have some.  I've tried taking a tiny amount (just to taste), but it is taking everything inside me not to go crazy at the break table!  How much longer until Ash Wednesday????  The group thankfully goes healthy during Lent....  Anyway, my question is this..  Other than duct taping my lips shut, do you bandsters deal with social situations where food - especially sweets - abound??  Help!!

Welp, that's about all that is happening around here today, yeah I know, slow day...  I am having tea again with my friend Sr. M. tomorrow, which I am very much looking forward to!  I will be hosting the tea this time - and am keeping my fingers crossed that my tea ball isn't petrified shut...  I haven't used it in ages!  I'll let you all know how it goes!

I hope you all had a terrific Tuesday!!

Until Next Time!

8 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

My experience with my nutrition log in the beginning was the same way. But my NUT basically just wanted to see what my patterns were.

I am not going to comment on the food situation because I am so new to all of this. Sweets were never my weakness anyway! It was the savory and the cocktails! :)

Good luck my dear!

Theresa said...

If my fill level is good, I'm rarely tempted by the yummy stuff at a party. I try to eat a little before I go and plan on a little taste of something, then chew a gum, that always help me keep other things out of my mouth! I'm ready for Lent too, Mardi Gras brings too much of it all!

Amanda Kiska said...

I think it is human nature to do our best when "someone" is watching. No one wants to be critisized and it seems like that is what NUTs love to do!

Typically speaking if there are desserts at an event, I will have one serving. I'll eat it slowly and savor every bite. I don't beat myself up over it or deny myself the enjoyment of the food by feeling guilty about my choice. I usually eat two servings of sweets each week so I would just make that night one of my dessert nights.

MandaPanda said...

I'm afraid I have no goo dadvice as I still can't seem to say no tot free temptation. If you get some good advice, let me know!

Lee Ann said...

i'm not one to talk....i haven't been banded.....still just hoping.....but i only floss about 3 weeks before a dentist appointment and they all tell me how great i am and lament how few people floss. yeah, those losers!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a bandster, but I usually drink a full glass of water right before I have to attend a gathering where I know there will be a ton of no-no foods. :)

Bonnie said...

Where in PA do you live? I'm right over the MD line in New Freedom, PA.

MandaPanda said...

Good morning - You have an award waiting for you at my blog!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!