A Lazy Butt Kinda Day..

I had a quiet day today - a much needed quiet day. I slept in nice and late, maybe even a little too late for my liking..  It was a day for doing laundry (loads and loads of it), and simply taking a breather from the craziness of the holidays...  I think I have a good case of PTGAS - Post Traumatic GrandAngel Syndrome!  I love the child more than life itself, but he reminds me constantly of the reasons why I had my children twenty five years ago!!  I may be spry and active but I'm no spring chicken!  I sleep reeealy well before AND after he's with us - and we spent a whole week with him!!  I think the little germ bag gave me a really good head cold as well!  He is so huggable and kiss-ey in the mornings, and the last few days he was with us he had the sniffles - I believe the little typhoid Andrew, in all his cuteness, decided to share his "wealth"...

I did get to play with my ipad for awhile - and loaded some really interesting apps on it!  I needed a day to just play like a child with my new Christmas toy!  I found a cook book app that is really incredible!  So, I spent the day putting all my recipes in the new cookbook!  And, as always, I roamed the blogosphere to see what all of you were up to! 

I do have to make calls tomorrow, do some much neglected office work, and take a friend to the hospital for tests..  I figured I would just take today to recover from my PTGAS...

Me 'n the Hubs had an early dinner, had a wonderful martini with friends (long distance) and watched some television..  Nothing exciting to report here..  I say "long distance", because our friends are vacationing in Arizona this week and called to have "cocktail hour" with us!  So, we cheers-ed over the speaker phone and had a few laughs!  Ohhhhh what I wouldn't give to be somewhere warm right now!!

I had a lazy butt day today, but I did remember to eat accordingly.  I figured I came in today at around 1250 calories.  Healthy calories, too!  I remembered to chew, chew, chew until the food in my mouth turned into cud.  Even on a lazy butt day I'm still trying ro remember my eating rules.  I had plenty of water and even enjoyed a cuppa Starbucks this afternoon while the snow swirled around the yard.

I hope YOUR day was terrific!!

Until next time!

9 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

reneasskinnylove.blogspot.com said...

I love your new blog background!!!
I have been looking for one..Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. I am jealous of the IPAD and the new app. I already have so many ways to access the internet. Heck if I need another one..Haha..Did your friends happen to mention that here in AZ it is pretty cold?? lots of people are coming here to warm up yet we are the ones that are on the chilly side! It is a very odd thing. I have lived here my entire life and I have never been seeing it in the teens at night!!! CRAZY

MandaPanda said...

I think we're all dragging a bit after the holiday rush. Eventually we'll back into the groove.

Anonymous said...

Awww...I hope you start feeling better real soon! *BIG HUGS*

Alison said...

Great calories! Hope that your head cold passes soon.

Amanda Kiska said...

What an angel your grandson is and how thoughtful and kind of him to share with you! Feel better! I'm glad you got some down-time.

Monique said...

I just found your blog!!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Theresa said...

If you have to get a cold, getting it from such a cutie is the way to go. Hope you feel better soon!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you gelled out and relaxed. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year Mrs. C...

Amanda said...

Share your iPad apps with me and I will let you know a few of my favs too...That is when it arrives home from England! (sunday yay)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!