We're back at the mountains again this weekend and I'm posting from the trusty new toy, the Ipad. So once again, if I've made any terrible typos on comments I may have made On your blogs, blame it on the fat fingers and an on-screen keyboard!
What a wonderfully crazy weekend it's been so far! We're up here this weekend for our annual Parish ski trip.. The kids are having a blast skiing, snowboarding and swimming - and the adults seemed to have found their nitch either in the hot tubs or by the fire in the main lodge ordering plenty of drinks to get them through the day! There is something almost spiritual here that I don't find while I'm at home.. It is hard to find words to describe it... I'll post some pictures when I get home!
I remember a homily I once heard about being asked by God, "Did you delight in my creation?". When I am here I know that my answer would be a resounding "Yes!" Words can not begin to explain the incredible beauty of this place... The snow, the crisp air, the colors (blues, pinks, yellows, there all here), the silence.. The pink cheeked smiles and squeals as children are careening down the side of a mountain, the incredible sight of seeing folks who "should be slowing down" at a late stage of older life, strapping on helmets and ski boots for the first time. Seeing the orange vested guides of the blind skiers leading them down double black diamond trails, the special made chairs for hanicapped skiers (and the group of seemingly wild and uncaring teenage snowboarders helping the handicapped skier off the lift). these are just a few of the reasons I do love being here... "Did you delight in my creation" .... This week at home? Probably not so much..... But, I promise to "delight" more come springtime!
After the Parish ski trip, we attended our "Baby's" football banguet! We were able to see the championship rings they'll be getting, and will post a picture when I get back to my trusty laptop! They're gorgeous though! Something our Guys will have for the rest of their lives... Terrific memories! The banquet was a little "distracting" though by the sheer number of cell phones that were connected to the Steelers game that was being played at the same time the banquet was taking place. What was funny though were the groans (during the awards presentations) everytime the Steelers screwed up - and the cheers when they did something good! It was all taken in stride though.. We're in Western PA where football rules life itself - at a football banquet! How much testosterone can one take??
We'll be headed home tomorrow before the ice storms should hit. My word! How much more bizarre weather can we possibly have??? Ice on top of snow measured in feet, not inches....
I'll Remember to "delight" when I settle back in here on Friday!
Until next time!
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago


7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Enjoy the day and I hope you have a roaring fire going!
Sounds idyllic, I'm very envious!
I really need to get away. I'm very jealous of your trip.
Oh, I'm soooooo jealous of your beautiful scenery! I hope you guys have a safe trip home! *Hugs*
Sounds like you're having a great time - have a drink for me!! :)
This winter has been insane hasn't it!! I finally have my iPad back. Can you believe my husband had it in his hands when he spotted eachother in the airport. He handed it to me and then kissed me! lol I wish I could come with you to the mountains and have a cocktail!
Your weekends always sound so nice. I have GOT to get myself a place in the mountains!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!