CAUTION!! Pity Party ALERT!
Ok.. whoever turned on the snow making machine and left it running for TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT can now get off their hairy bottom and turn the damn thing off!! I've come to the realization that I need color in my life - real color, bright color. Greens, reds, yellows.... Everything here is white. White, dreary gray, and brown. I look out over the property and that is all I see. I am sooo over this. I thought my state of confusion yesterday was just me being overly tired - not the case. I guess I'm just overly miserable. Kinda cranky, actually. I had to cancel my Nut appointment today, and I still haven't gone to a Support Group Meeting. Not that I was looking forward to being told to "chew, chew, chew", "sip, sip, sip", and spend and evening with a group of individuals who seriously need a mirror under their noses just to check for life, I was looking forward to the fashion show and the cooking demonstration! That was to be the agenda for this month's Support Group Meeting.
I guess part of my cranky is that this Bariatric process just keeps going on and on and on.. It has been going on since June, and I am not one who is well known for my patience. I am doing my part in watching what I eat, exercising, going to all the appointments, being enthusiastic, jumping through all the hoops - but like a hamster, I'm just not getting anywhere. Oh, I know that I really am making progress - I see it on the scale and on my trusty notebook I have with all the red check marks on it - it just feels that way. It seems as though everything that is out of my control is holding me up from getting to where I really want/need to be. And, I am such a control freak who is no longer getting the joke...
On a more cheerful note. I did manage to get through yesterday's list of projects, and even most of today's projects as well. I'm actually ahead. Nothing has changed though. I am still feeling bewildered and befuddled, but these things just had to get done - today. So, I flipped on the "FOCUS" button!! That just means I had an extra cuppa Starbucks...If you've gotten to the end of the post, I applaud you and thank you for allowing me to unwind.. The pity party is over, please remember to take your favors and have a safe drive home!
Here's to a day of lucidity!! Happy Wednesday!
Until Next time!




6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
You so sound like me last January. I was dealing with our 2nd (or was it our 3rd - I think I lost count) snow storm and was just beginning the insurance requirements for weight loss surgery. Hang in there.
I hope it stops snowing soon for you! I do enjoy reading your posts though, you are very funny!
We rarely ever have snow, so I can only imagine how you must feel. I hope it stops soon and the sun comes out. Sending a ton of hugs your way! Hang in there, my friend.
Aaawww! Hang in there...it'll be alright.
As for all the hoops. I totally feel ya on that one. I started this process in October 2009 and was just banded August 2010. That was with 2 insurance rejections counted in there. Things'll happen. Just keep telling yourself that each checkmark is one step closer.
January sucks but at least we aren't getting so much snow up here in Ottawa. We only have about 4 inches on the ground, very strange for us. I've been watching the storms tear through the east and south and wonder what is going on.
But spring is only 2 months away. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Sorry to hear that you are having the "blues" - hopefully that darn old snow will go away soon!
Its been many years since I have lived in a"snowie" place ... I can only remember that I use to love the winters .... but then that was when I was very young and nothing much bothered me !
Like Sandy Lee said - spring will soon be here and that is your light at the end of the tunnel!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!