It's been an interesting couple of days around here. Due to horrific weather on Monday I never made it to my NUT appointment and had to reschedule. However, I did get my rather rotund derriere to my weight check today - check #4. Ya ready for this?? I'm down three point four pounds for the month of January!! How cool is that?? I was kind of worried about this weigh-in because I didn't go to the gym as often as I would have liked. I did do my pilates and yoga DVD's regularly and went swimming with my GrandPeanut at every opportunity we've come to the mountains, so it wasn't as though I was Jabba the Hut all month either.. Anyway, I received the "gold star" for being the best pre-op patient my PA had today! Hooray for me! I have two more weight checks, one more NUT visit, I still need to schedule my Psyche appointment, (yeah.. I know, I know.. Call me "chicken".. I'll get there, I promise) and attend some support group meetings.
So, we've spent the past few days up in NY.. The break has been wonderful! just what the Dr. ordered... Tomorrow I'll be taking the GrandAngel home then it's back to real life stuff.. I was getting to the point that I just wasn't in the mood to deal with real life stuff, so the break was definately needed and good for the soul! Not that the real life stuff is anything out of the ordinary, I am just having "motivation" issues - LACK of, that is.. I think it's the absence of color and sunshine that's getting to me these days.. I'm so desperate I'm sitting here blogging and watching "The Golden Girls"!! Hey, there's palm trees - cut me some slack! "This too shall pass.." Perhaps a day of shopping, a mani and pedi AND a filthy martini are in order.. Waddya think??
I hope you smile this week!
Until next time!
~Lisa~
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago


16 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
A filthy martini was exactly what I needed yesterday. I got it too. Way to go on the weightless front. It makes for a great day to see that I know! Trust me..the psych visit is not bad at all!!
I don't know how you guys deal with the harsh winters, hang in there and have a martini or two!
Way to go on the weight loss.
If I liked martinis, I would say sure. Can we change that to a glass of Moscato and call it good? Glad you're feeling refreshed after your break. Congrats on the 3.4 lbs! Great progress!
Mani, pedi, shopping and drinking sounds fantastic! Well done on loosing in January, you did great!
Is a filthy martini the same as a dirty martini?
Confused of England!
Make mine a Pina Colada :)
Sorry that the cold weather is getting you down - just hang in there it will get better!
Nice weight loss Lady!
Make mine a margarita! :) Congrats on that loss hon! :)
Great job...great pre op patients make great post op patients.
Congrats on your progress! You'll kick a$$ post op too! Not sure I would like Martini's but I sure as heck love Margaritas!
Keep up the great work sunshine!
~S
You had me at filthy. :)
Yeah for the weightloss in January!! You're doing great.
I think a martini is in order on most all winter days.
Nice Blog!
Great job on the loss! That's about how much I've lost this month, too - already having my band! lol
I was so glad I didn't have to do a psych consult, that was one of my biggest fears - someone else finding out how crazy I am! But I'm sure you'll be great. :)
You're doing great!! I'll have a crips gin and tonic while you're enjoying your martini. My psyche eval was just plain stupid. I basically filled out a questionairre with questions like - do you contemplate suicide often, do you want to harm yourself or others. I'm not sure what the point was, but even if I was (am) crazy, I knew what answers they were looking for.
Keep up the good work and I nominated you for an award, come and see!
Hey, I nominated you for an award. Come check it out on my blog.
Oh girl - there are days that I want to throw my scale out the window because I can get a 4-5 pound variance on the reading within 5 minutes. Ticks me off.
By the way, I nominated you for an award! :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!