We spent today in Oakmont! At the US Women's Open! It began beautifully.. Saw the Ladies we were rooting for yesterday, and began to watch the second half groups tee off - then the torrential rains came!! We were following Paula Creamer and Suzanna Petterson's group to about the third hole (the hole with the 'church pews') - the thunder started, bolts of lightening, then the dreaded horns. We found shelter in, of all places, a port-a-potty!! Hahahahahaha!! Yup! The Hubby and I spent about 20 minutes huddled together in a plastic Port-a-John!! Fortunately for us, it was one that was... uh... "little used" - and didn't have a scent... We laughed ourselves silly!! Who'd a thunk it!!
Well, after about 20 minutes we made a run for it to the merchandise tent! Needless to say, it was PACKED! We bought the few souvenirs we were interested in purchasing and made a run to the bus stop to catch the bus that would take us to our car.. While we were in line for the bus, it began POURING again - sideways, too!! I don't think I had ever been that soaked! We both laughed at each other and how we looked like two drowned rats, all the way home!
We have tickets for Sunday - hopefully it will be drier!!
While we were taking our outdoor shower, the Surgeons office called. I did not have my cell phone with me when they called because cell phones are banned on the golf course. I didn't see the call until I returned dripping wet. By that time they were out of the office. I will call them on Monday. We're playing a nice little game of phone tag now!
Tomorrow will be a busy day with lots of running, shopping and cleaning. But, there's always Sunday to look forward to!
Until next time!
Where to start…
My mom had the Doppler ultrasound done, and they told her everything looked
good. We still don’t know whether she had a small stroke tha...
1 week ago


0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!