I began this day feeling kind of frumpy and "out of it". Did you ever have one of those days when your clothes don't fit, the coffee tastes bitter, you're in a mood and your just don't care - that is what I felt like earlier... I literally forced myself to get moving and get some work done. Some time ago, I developed a mind set to get me through the days when my Rheumatoid Arthritis is acting up. Yes, due to the pain there ARE days that I simply can not move. On those days I set two (yes 2) goals for myself - for the entire day. If I have accomplished those (2) goals, I have had a good day. The first goal is to get up and make my bed. The second goal is to take my shower and brush my teeth. Anything I accomplish after that is gravy! You might be thinking that is kind of silly - but what I fear the most of the Rheumatoid Arthritis is something I read shortly after diagnosis: "The first day you don't get out of bed will be the last day you did." In other words, the best medicine is to just get moving!
So, today I told myself to "get moving", and accomplished a few things around the house. I unpacked those little odds and ends that seem to find their way onto the stairs - waiting to walk up there by themselves! A little cleaning, and yes, I finally began to tackle that load of work that needs to be finished for Church. The load is a bit larger than I originally thought, so it will have to be finished tomorrow.
On and off today I did more research about lap band. I am beginning to feel pretty sure that if I actually do choose to do this, Lap Band will probably be the choice I would make. But, I will reserve that decision until after my seminar and later. I began talking with folks at www.lapbandtalk.com They are a font of information, and I even found a few friends there to ask questions, talk, to receive and to give support! I would recommend this site to anyone thinking about weight loss surgery. I also did a little checking with Aetna Health Insurance. The Surgeon and the hospital I found are in the network - so that's another small hurdle that has been taken care of! I suppose that's just about all I can do until my Weight Loss Seminar next Wednesday. That, and the second part of my sleep test that is scheduled for Saturday night... I can think of about a bazillion things I'd rather be doing on a Saturday nite than having a sleep study test done!!
Oh! And Friday is our golf outing for my son's college football team!! I just hope the weather holds up! We had a few nasty storms roll through here earlier this evening - I am hoping they keep rolling!! I am anxious though to go to the golf outing! I have golfed through torrential downpours at every event I've signed up for this summer - I'm DUE for a nice sunny day of golf! It is a fun event for a worthy cause though - rain OR shine! Besides, who wouldn't want to golf with a group of 20 year old atheletes!!
Well, until next time!
Where to start…
My mom had the Doppler ultrasound done, and they told her everything looked
good. We still don’t know whether she had a small stroke tha...
1 week ago


1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Hi Lisa. I'm at the same place you were a year ago. I'm sure reading about your journey will be so helpful to me. I haven't read any pre-op blows yet.
Onward I go...
Kerri
PS. You're blog is so cute. And fancy too.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!