Well, today was a "me day". I didn't do much around here, nor did I do any work that needs to be done at church. I was in "vacation decompression" mode today! I spent most of the afternoon uploading photos and making a photo collage of my Grandson. I guess I just wanted to relive some of the precious moments spent with my loved ones last week.
So, the ball is officially "rolling". There is still much to learn, to research, and to find out about, but nothing that is ever worth it is easy I suppose...
This evening we had dinner with a Dear Friend. He is more family than friend and I love his company. We talk, have a few drinks and just enjoy each others company. He and hubby are "brothers" and a week would be empty if he didn't come by for dinner and cocktails. I sometimes wonder if I will be strong enough to restrict myself during times like these. I do enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail with friends. And, it always seems that when we are with friends - especially this friend - it is always surrounded by a family meal. These times give me greater insight of what Eucharist is, and what a blessing it is to be able to partake in it. Even on vacation our most special times together were centered around the meal we enjoyed. It wasn't the food, but the time spent together! Hell, I can barely tell you what we ate - but I can tell you what we talked about, laughed about and enjoyed together. I guess I am just working through some of the thoughts that have been going through my head. I do not want food to be my center of attention, but those with whom I am sharing it - because that is the way I live my life now. Will that change? Something else to ponder...
PS: And yes! These are some of the photos I took last week!
Until next time!


0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!