It has been a week from hell - literally - a heart wrenching week from hell. But before I go into that, I first need to thank everyone of you who wrote and sent emails.. Thank you so much for your caring and concern.. You have no idea how much YOU are loved and appreciated..
So, here is the week in review... I have a friend from Church, Gina. A dear friend.. loved - a true sister. She's a bit younger than I, but that never made a difference. Anyway.. I woke up last Tuesday and my phone was lit up like a Christmas tree. I forgot to take the mute off from the evening before at Bible Study. I had emails, texts, messages.. The first text was from our friend J - "Did you hear about Mike" Mike is Gina's husband. Mike was off work that day, took their nine year old daughter to school, came home, spent some alone time with Gina then had a "seizure". Gina called the paramedics, but by the time they arrived he was dead. He was thirty nine years old and died of a Thoracic Aortic aneurysm. No symptoms, no illnesses, no indication that such a serious threat was building in his body. Gina was and is devastated - their daughter (my BFF) is beyond consolation. It has been a terrible week. I pretty much spent the week with Gina, her family, and with their little one helping her through this terrible ordeal. Now, the shock has turned into a numb-ness and the questions are beginning to creep in. Questions I can't answer. Questions that no one can really answer....
I'm spending today catching up on a weeks worth of work. I plan to see Gina tomorrow. She and I are going to go to the cemetery together - she said she's not ready to go alone yet. We will also plan his memorial Mass. Tough stuff. My heart breaks for her and her little one...
I will try to catch up on my beloved blog reading in the meantime because I am so woefully behind - Please bear with me..
Love you bunches!
Until Next time...
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago



14 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Oh Lisa what a tragedy. I am so sorry for your friend and her daughter. I will keep them in my prayers. Hugs to you.
How horrible! Hold your loved ones tight!
Lisa, I'm so sorry for your grief and your GF's & DD's loss. He/they will all be in my prayers. They are lucky to have a good friend like you in this time of need. ((hugs))
So sorry to hear this. You are being a great friend and I am sure you are appreciated!
I am so sorry Lisa! You have really ben on my mind and for a reason it seams! They will be in my prayers for sure!
So sorry, my prayers are with you and her family at this time. xx
Wow! I was wondering what had happened to you. I am deeply sorry for your friend's loss. So, so sad.
So sorry for your friend. Life can really suck sometimes.
I am so sorry. What a sad week. My cousin died the same way in her 40's. Cleaned her church, came home and fell asleep on the bed and just died of a thoracic aneurysm. There can be no symptoms, so rare to find it early. It is just so nice of you to be there for your friend. May you find the strength to help her. {{{HUGS}}}
Wow, so sorry to hear this! thoughts and prayers are with you and gina and her family. (((hugs)))
Oh I am so so sorry to hear this! Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your friend's family. Seems more and more of these types of things are happening to people younger and younger. There must be something in the environment??? Please take care.
I am sorry. *HUGS*
I'm so sorry, Lisa. :( Now I feel bad being selfish and telling you to update. :(((
I'm sorry about this senseless tragedy, too many people are taken too young. Love you. <3
So sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!