Today is St. Patrick's Day! I am not Irish, but giving birth on this day twenty five years ago affords me the honor and benefits of wearing green and participating in all the festivities! Today is my Oldest Baby's twenty fifth birthday! It is amazing that I can't remember what I did thirteen minutes ago, but I can relive that day twenty five years ago minute by minute, second by second. It is etched into my heart, into my very soul..
I spent the morning with our GrandAngel looking through old photo albums, taking him for a walk through cherished memories. He, being twenty months old, really didn't have a clue but sat mesmerized by the wonderful photos. My heart melted as he placed his little head on my chest while we poured through volumes of photo albums - what an awesome (not taking that word lightly) experience.. Sitting there feeling the warm sunshine through the windows, I held son's son as I once held his father so many years ago... Did I cry? You betcha!
Even though it is my son's birthday, I always felt that this day belongs to "us". A moment in time that returns year after year is our very first "meeting" in the hospital room. It was about two in the morning and the nite nurse brought him to me for the first time since seeing him in the birthing room. We were alone, the little light over the hospital bed was turned down low and the hospital was amazingly quiet. He opened his eyes and looked at me and I looked at him. We stayed this way cuddled up in the blankets for what seemed like an eternity. Just looking at each other. I whispered to him that I loved him, then he went peacefully to sleep. That was the very moment I feel deeply, completely, and totally in love - heart, mind and soul...
Happy Birthday, Angel!
With that thought, I wish you a Blessed and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Until Next Time!





6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Beautiful story.
happy birthday, Lisa's son...a day later!
I was holding a toddler yesterday too but I wasn't feel nostalgic at all!! :)
Hope you had a great day yesterday and enjoyed a festive cocktail!
Happy St. Patrick's day and Happy Birthday to your son (a day late)! What a beautiful story and one that only another parent can relate to. My mom always says that it's easier to enjoy the grandchildren because you're not worried about everything else like you are when you're just a parent...you can really just atke it all in. Sounds like she may just be right.
<3 This is beautiful, Lisa!
Beautiful ! I believe you are in the same area as I am ( I noticed familiar Drs, hospitals and cities on your 'tiny step' page. I also am a NW PA girl.
Hey Lisa! I'm in the process of creating a new (private) blog, and I'd love to have you a part of it. If you'd like to join, would you please send your email address to me at stephnms@teleclipse.net so I can send you an invitation? Thank you! :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!