So I spent a wonderful morning with a pot of Starbucks reading loads and loads of wonderful blogs - what a glorious way to spend a dark, icy/rain, morning. I managed to make comments on some, but not on all - just know that I thoroughly enjoyed catching up on all that I've missed this past week!
Today is Ash Wednesday. The official beginning of the Lenten season. We've been rather busy getting things ready at Church with the hopes that we have a full house this evening. The Famous Fish Fry's are officially planned and ready to begin - they make the most amazing fish... I think tonight the Hubs is going to make his famous talapia dish. As a Deacon Aspirant he will be wearing his Alb and distributing ashes tonight at Mass -
he had better not smear ashes all over it!!

So, I've been thinking of what to "give up" for Lent. I've been doing this since I've been a little girl - Catholic schools ingrain that kind of stuff into you! I've been thinking of my nemesis - snacking - snacking when I shouldn't be. With that thought in mind, I've given up snacking. Pray for me.. this is a tough one! The mindless snacking of anything that I shouldn't be snacking on - and at times when I shouldn't be snacking. Chips, pretzels, cookies, candy, all of it. Fruit can be a healthy snack when the pangs of hunger are so overwhelming that I am about to pass out from starvation (note of sarcasm here..). On a more internal note, I think I need to strive to be a better person. A better friend. A less judgemental person. A nicer person. I think I need to start looking deeper at those around me and seeing the good in them. Oh, it is not as though I tear folks apart or look down at people - at least I don't try to - I just find that my tolerance level of some folks could stand to be a little higher, and I would like to work on that. I have my luncheon with my dear and beautiful friend Sr. M. on Monday - we're also going to talk about deepening my prayer life - I could always use work in that department.
On the weight loss front.. I did manage to lose six pounds last month - which is always a good thing - but, we all know that a good case of stomach flu will do that. At the risk of a "TMI" moment, we'll just leave it at that. I have gained back two of the six pounds that were lost to the ceramic fountain in my bathroom - but that is about it. So, we'll technically call it a
four pound loss and leave it at that. I have my Rheumatologist appointment later this month, and have to get my derriere to the lab to have blood work done - maybe I should have made "procrastination" a Lenten thing as well...
With that, I'll wish you a Wonderful Day today!!
Until next time!
7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
I love your lent commitment...I already consider you a very nice person...but I think it is wonderful that you are focusing on spiritual improvement during this special time.
I think that you're a lovely person, I aspire to be more like you!
Great commitments. I think we could all be a little nicer at times. ;) I definitely hope the deacon didn't get ashes on you either, especially during dinner. Eep!
Great Lent stuff! I, too, am striving to be a better person. We'll see how it goes. Glad to see you back and feeling well.
I think I am over all a good person. But I can be a mean girl too! Even when I don't say things out loud I can sure think nasty thoughts! Good post my lovely friend who lives afar! I will try during this Lenten season to think better of people too.
4lbs is fantastic. Pat on the back. You are going to rock this band! I've got blood work to do soon too. Wish I could give that up for lent but I am sure it is for my own good! Glad to have you back, lady!
I fall guilty of being a mean girl at times; although a good person. Those things you mentioned are things that I should concentrate on "adjusting" as well, so thank you! :)
You're doing great...
That's pretty bold, snacking! Good for you, I don't think I could!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!