Hey, Hey! I'm baaaack!! To say the weekend was "eventful" would be a huge understatement!! Oh Mercy! Where to begin.... I was out of touch with reality for the past week - tummy crap. Not good. Have I said that I hate tummy crap?? Just let me roll over and die - I hate it that much. Anyway, the tummy was getting better Thursday and knowing that I had my weigh in on Friday in Erie (which is one hundred miles from home) I decided to move around, get my bearings.. in other words, eat. Our Baby had just gotten home for spring break (always a wonderful thing!) and informs me that tomorrow (Friday) he has in interview for a spring term internship at a private school
ONE block away from his apartment in Erie.. Mmmmmkay. "Why didn't you just stay at your apartment one extra day - and save the three dollar and fifty cents a gallon in gas that you need to feed the boat you're driving???" As he plops his duffel bag of dirty laundry on the kitchen counter he replies - "I was HUNGRY!" Duhhh.. I should have been thinking like a college student, I would have gotten it right away....
 |
This car was clear
when we arrived! |
So, it's Thursday and the Hubs is getting ready to leave for a weekend of ski racing (he DQ'ed on Saturday by performing a Bode Miller-esque crash which I would have paid big bucks to have seen!) he informs me that we're supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow overnite... Shit. This is all just getting better and better. The College Baby and I decide to spend the night at our place in New York - which is only about a twenty minute drive from Erie. Soooooo, we pack our bags - I take the dirty laundry to do there - we pack the dogs, we pack and pack for a one night stay. We decide that while he's at his interview on Friday, I'll do my weigh in then we'll trudge back home. Uhmmm... It doesn't quite go that way - does it ever? We arrive late Thursday night, have a light dinner (I do some laundry) and we both go to sleep for our appointments the next morning. I woke up Friday morning to snowmageddon!! Oh Mercy!! It took us over
TWO hours to get to Erie -
TWO freakin' hours! Somehow, by the Grace of God, we both arrived at our appointments alive and
on time and then decided to stay at our place in New York rather than try - yes,
try - to make it back home. Another two hours in the car... He had better get this internship.......
So the results of the weigh-in are.... Can I get a drum roll please! Are you ready??? I lost SIX pounds through the month of February!! Ok, technically I lost three - the other three seemed to have been "passed" during the tummy thing (lack of food will do that...) But for now I'll take it!
I hope your weekend was
calmer - to say the least!
Until Next Time!
11 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Congrats on that loss, Lisa! You're doing great, my friend! I can't imagine having to deal with that much snow. Good grief! I wish I could send you some of our 80 degree weather.
You are making progress and getting healthier all the time...Congrats on the 6 lbs...And aren't you glad your baby came back...even if it was to eat???
Six pounds is six pounds. You're doing great, Lisa! :)
Wahoo, six pounds! Congrats!
YAY for the WL (and don't lose too much pre-op GF LOL...you're supposed to be a failure). Sorry about all the snow...that was crazy!
Way to go! The snow looks dreadful, spring has sprung already down South it was 71 at 7am today here!
Not the best way to do it but a loss is a loss!
Whoo hoo! Six pounds is awesome! Even three pounds is darn good! You go! And thank you for keeping me motivated! :) YOU ROCK!
Fantastic weight loss! 6 pounds is fantastic, wish I could manage the same?
Miss Lisa, we've missed you! Hope all is well. :)
LISA..where are you?? I'm thinking about you my dear...hope all is well in your world!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!