TUCK and Cover!

I've just been through the most intensive, mother of all workouts ever created..  Four days with my GrandAngel.. Yup.  I think I'm going to enlist - basic training might just be easier!  He is nineteen months old now, walking, running, jumping (off stairs), twirling, and talking - can you say "a ball of energy"???  He calls me "Mamie" - his version of "Grammy"..  All I can think of is the memorable line from Gone With The Wind - "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!" every time his little voice calls me!  But I love it - every busy, blessed, terrifying, beautiful, tiring minute of being with him and wouldn't have him any other way!

So we spent our time doing the usual things, cooking, playing the piano, dancing with Yo Gabba Gabba, reading, golfing.  I must have had a zillion puff balls strewn throughout my living room!  I'm sure I'll still be finding them next December when we're putting up the tree!  He loves the cat (big furry toy that he is) and I'm afraid the twenty year old feline isn't going to be able to take much more of playing with a toddler - at least the GrandAngel provides him with food - I never knew cats liked pretzels!

Speaking of golf.  Well, we really weren't...  but anyway, Barbara from Yes... it's Really a "NEW LIFE" NOW!!  left a lovely comment and included her interest in my "unhealthy addiction" to golf (my words..)    Here is a link to the post that describes my crazy downward spiral into the game!  We love golfing at wonderful courses and even here at our local cow pastures..  We've seen both the men and women's USOpens at Oakmont, and have been to the Masters too - how crazy is that??  We'll be attending Thursday's round of this years Masters as well!  I can't wait!  I am hoping to score a few tickets for the Solheim Cup too - I think our lovable golf pro and partner in crime, Mary, is working on that one!  Did I mention anything about an unhealthy addiction???

So, I'm cleaning up puff balls for about the tenth time this afternoon and the little angel yells "FU&#!!"  I froze - just completely froze in my tracks...  I turned ever so slowly around, and he yelled it again - "FU&#!"  And this time he was excited beyond words - actually jumping up and down!  Oh my...  oh my, my, my.....  How am I ever  going to explain THIS one to his parents!!  I'm starting to panic - do I make a fuss??  Do I pretend I didn't hear it??  My word!!  The Amish who live a half mile away must have heard it!!  He yelled it again - "FU&#!!"  Just as I was in the process of lifting my lead filled jaw off the rug he points to the television - The Wonder Pets - Winnie TUCK and Ming Ming, too.......  Tuck is the turtle...

I'm too old for this...

Until next time!

10 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

LOL!!!!!!

The Amish that live a half a mile away!! Lol!!

Awwh the amusment! You're such a good Mamie!

MandaPanda said...

hahahaha! That last bit cracked me up! My girls LOVE Wonderpets and I admit there have been a few times I've had to take a second or third listen to what my youngest was saying to make sure I heard her right. I used to play golf, prekids, and I recall enjoying it. I may have to pick it up against once they're a little older.

Rachel said...

LOLOLOL...That makes me laugh. Thank you for the Wonderpet story...That will make me smile all day.

Rachel said...

BTW he is adorable.

Bonnie said...

Little kids are definitely the best exercise. Love the Tuck story - close call!

Amanda Kiska said...

TUCK!!!!

I love "Mamie"! So cute!

Read said...

LOL. So, my husband is going to the practice round at the Masters this year and he's so excited!! And my younger son used to say the "F" sound for the "T" and "Tr" sound. So there were a few months where he would excitedly yell F#@K!!!! every single time he saw a truck out of the car window!

Rhonda said...

Ohh, that was scary for a minute there! My boys went through a "F#CK!" stage, and I was NOT impressed with myself, to say the least! :'(

Glad you guys had a great few days together. 19 months is such a fun age. And I love the "Mamie!" :)

Fiddle in the Band said...

That is funny! My daughter used to say "dabbit" when I dropped something. oops.
He is a cutie, and lucky to have his Mamie!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! This post just totally made my morning. That is too funny and he is PRECIOUS! LOVE the picture!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!