![]() |
Just when I thought that snowmagedden was going to last throughout endless eternity, I'm surprised with a day of glorious, wondrous and exceptional SUNSHINE!! Someone bring my shades - I think my retina's are burning! I took Hellfire and Damnation (the dogs) out earlier and walked across the pond! It is absolutely amazing out there!! Twenty three degrees and SUNNY!! Can I get an "AMEN" here?? It's amazing what natural vitamin D can do for the soul!
Anyway.. Plans for the weekend. We're having family and a few friends over to watch the Superbowl on Sunday. My friend Pat is making a boat load of fresh pasta (various tortellini, ravioli...), so I promised to make a pot of sauce, a capris salad and rolls - dinner is served! I'm going to put out munchies for the game - some roasted red pepper hummus, an antipasto tray and some artichoke dip - the kids are bringing the greasy chips, salsa and whatnot.. So, I think we're there.. I'm thinking that with all this food some "choosing" (my word for the year) is going to come into play.. I am not planning on eating rice cakes (ceiling tile) with all the glorious food that will be out, nor do I plan on skipping my martini.. Moderation and choice is what will get me through it - wish me luck!
So, I'm going to try a BYOC! Be patient with me - it's my first time!
1. What piece of clothing can you absolutely not live without?
Warm and toasty clothes (pajamas, soft sweats, purple leopard print pajama bottoms...), and of course my beloved golf slippers!
2. If you could go back in time for just 24 hours, where would you go and why?
This one's tough. There are so many days I would love to go back and revisit. First and foremost, my wedding day - The happiest day of my life! Then.. If I could split the twenty four hours in half, I would spend twelve hours at the birth of my oldest son, and twelve with the youngest. Actually I could fit BOTH into a twelve hour period (short deliveries), and use the other twelve to revisit the birth of our GrandAngel... I guess I'm getting too technical with this one...
3. If you could change one feature of your looks, what would it be and why?
Ok.. they key word here is "one" - otherwise I would be a terrific candidate for the Joan Rivers school of plastic surgery! I guess if I had to pick one, I would have my stretch marks removed. Ohhhh, I've heard that they are a "badge of love" and all that crap - they're just plain UGLY! I've had two sons who were around ten pounds and that skin's got to go somewhere and it went OUT.. it didn't come back in very gracefully!
4. What things do you enjoy or only do when you're alone? (All you perverts out there....try to resist the obvious answer here)
I do enjoy my alone time. I guess it would depend on where I am alone.. I've been alone a lot while on business trips with my Hubs, and I always try to do a tour, shop and quaint local shops, or just enjoy breakfast or lunch by myself! If I am alone at home, my OCD comes out.. I clean, put things in their proper place, organize my desk and shelves... OR, just lay back and watch golf or read a good smut novel!
5. Repeat question: Summarize your life in real life and in blogland this week.
In real life, I've had a baddddd case of cabin fever with all this crap weather we've had - I am sooo over it!! It saps the energy out of me and seems to magnify every ache and pain - and I just don't LIKE it! (Have I told you that lately??) In blog land, I am always motivated and inspired by all of you! And I love the support and love that I find here each day - I am a true blog-aholic!! I particularly notice the lifting up, praying, good wishes and care that is so lovingly shared here with all who are going through sad and tough times. I have found that the more I get to know each and every one of you - the more I WANT to know.
Welp! There it is! It wasn't painful at all....
Have a terrific weekend!
Until next time!





7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
yummy! I haven't tried pasta yet with this new found restriction. But we are going for dinner tonight so we shall see how that goes! I am going to enjoy myself tomorrow. Gonna try what I want but I don't want to have any episodes around company. Hey..thanks for being you! Your posts are always so positive! :)
i hear you on the stretch marks. my babies were 9 lbs 12 oz and 9 lbs 3 oz and i'm 5 ft 2. i didn't get a single stretch mark until exactly 2 weeks before the first one delivered. dang. almost made it. but sadly, the stretch mark monster clawed me ABOVE and BELOW the belly button. so rude!!! so even if i ever get a TT, they will STILL be there. jerks. lol. :)
Haha, most people don't like eating by themselves but I love it. I can take as long as I want and I usually bring a magazine or my phone to keep me distracted. I agree with Amanda...you are so positive and I love seeing your posts and comments. ;)
Great answers !
Sounds like a lot of yummy food. Luckily with the band we can eat a little and feel satisfied. Have fun.
I like that phrase, "moderation and choice"...I think these two variables make a diet a successful life change for the long run. Have a fabulous Super Bowl party.
Hope you made the best choices you could but it all sounded so good, I don't think I'd trust myself!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!