I don't think spring is ever going to come... EVER! Ice is pelting away at my window as we speak and I hear a terrible blizzard is on the way... Great... I've always heard that hell is a fiery furnace where the damned are doomed to spend eternity. I have news for you, Dante was right! Hell is not a fiery wasteland - it will be full of SNOW and minus degree wind chill factor! Every blessed day for the rest of eternity it will be cold, windy and snowy! Oh wait... That's my life! Oh Virgil, I am in HELL!! At this point, I would give a kidney to see blue skies and something green. I'm so desperate that I've taken to talking to my cacti these days. Their personalities are a little prickly (sorry about that), but at least they're green. I'm sitting here in my igloo watching the ice pelting the windows, forming a frozen mass of glaze over the glass. Have you ever just sat and listened to the ice balls beating against your home?? It sounds really interesting. Not like rain or hail, just a steady tapping on every window, the roof - everywhere...
OK, this awful weather has finally driven me over the edge - now I am waxing poetic over the miserable balls of ice that are beating against my home! Someone please... send me a pink iced drink with an umbrella poking out of it - STAT!
The equipment collection for Special Olympics was a great success!! The ski club came out huge for the event. The picture on the right is the Hubs truck loaded up with clothing and equipment to take to our Olympians! And get this! This is the second truck load!! Can you believe it?? There was yet another load of just ski gear for our friends who lost their equipment in the fire at the neighboring ski resort too! We've heard that the resort is planning on rebuilding which is wonderful news! It's such a terrific hill for racing - for skiers and boarders alike! They are definitely hosting a race there in a few weeks, "Come hell or high snow" is what is being said! So it was a good weekend all around. Terrific food, drink and wonderful friends getting together to race and for a good cause - can't think of too many ways to enjoy the (hellish) snow then that!
On the eating front, I haven't been doing too bad - but I haven't been doing too well either. I just can't stop being hungry! I'm sure it's head hunger but it seems like I've not been doing the things I should be doing - Like... eating slowly, chewing my food to mush, drinking water, and eating meals at the appropriate time of the day. It is way too easy to fall back into bad habits. I resolved today that it all just has to stop and that I need to get back on the bandwagon. I'm not going to beat myself up, but I am glad to see that my handy-dandy notebook I'm using to track my food and fitness has paid off. I'm seeing a trend beginning to happen and I'm able to focus on what I need to do before it gets out of hand. Thank you for the food journaling tip! It really does work!
Welp, here's to blue skies and sunny weather..........
...I can wish, can't I?
Until next time!
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago




11 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Poor thing!! It is raining here and I will take it any day over ice! Great haul for the special olympics too! I journal every day too. For the most part.
Two truckloads?? That is amazing! You guys rock! :)
And I know the crazy feeling about the storm, even here in Texas we're being frozen out! Scary.
We are having the same weather on Long Island today! It snowed during the night and now its sleet/freezing rain and will be turning back into snow at some point. Going home on Sunday to Florida is looking real good right about now!
Really not trying to rub it in, but it's upper 70's here today! We do have a spare room, and I can work on the umbrella drink for you!
Lisa,
I live in MA and the samounts of snow that we have received already...I feel your pain! I have had it with the snow! Its beautiful in the begining but now its just disgusting white stuff! I can't wait for SUMMER!!!
Bless your heart! It's been in the high 60's here the past few days and raining like crazy, but I have to say I'd rather have rain over ice anyday. I hope you see blue skies soon. *HUGS*
I would never make it! Hang in there!
A food journal is a great way of tracking what we eat so that we can understand why we are loosing or gaining.
Head Hunger ' I Hate Him'
lol! my mom was flabbergasted that I ate a pickle before coffee too!! What are you making for your Superbowl party? Trying to come up with a few different items to take with us!
Awww...I feel so bad for those of you stuck in that weather. Check my blog tomorrow for a fruity, yummy boat drink with your name on it.
Funny pic of the snow person!
Stay warm!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!