Ok, so I haven't posted in five days - we'll just say I've been in recovery mode, shall we?? We all survived the weekend.. Some of us - ok, me - survived solely by the stem of my beautiful new martini glass, but we all survived none the less! I managed to get everything done throughout the house, the cooking, and all the preparations at Church for the liturgy with the Bishop finished before leaving for our Deacon Reserves on Friday. We had class Friday night, and Saturday morning until it was time to skip out into the "lovely" weather that is so common to Erie - to attend our Baby's final home game - and parent's day. Folks, it was forty two degrees and raining - sideways.. The wind was howling - it was horrendous out! By the time they called our names to join our Son on the fifty yard line I was shivering uncontrollably and every joint in my body was screaming - loudly! But, smile I did.. So very proud of our guy..
Mass and dinner following with the Bishop and others went without a hitch - thank heavens! We had a wonderful time! I had help from a wonderful and dear friend - and lots of wine - to get through the evening! Sunday I slept. I slept the sleep of the dead - and loved every blessed second of it! So, that's pretty much a wrap up of how the weekend went. I loved it, and am so glad it's done!
I did manage to lose a few pounds (2, as a matter of fact) throughout the frantic week. I saw 207 on the scale twice - so I'm owning it! I was frantic on Saturday looking for something to wear that fit. I did try to find time to shop during the week, but sadly it was a no-go.. So, in a fit of desperation, I pulled out a suit that was tucked away and neatly bagged in the back of my closet that I hadn't worn in - ready for this?? - five years! It fit!! Talk about a terrific NSV! It wasn't snug, the seams weren't bursting, I wasn't oozing out of it, and the cut and style was perfect for the event. Talk about doing a happy dance!I added a few photos I took last week while I was out and about. The stream is close to home, and fall scenery was pretty and calming - much needed..
Today, I think I'm going to go up and check out a new phone - my old berry is dying a slow death.. Have a terrific Wednesday all!!
Until Next Time..



11 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Of course you own that 207. You are so close to Onederland. I'm jealous. Congrats on your NSV!
Great NSV!! almost to onederland to boot!!
You are looking so good Lisa!!!
I love the pics, so peaceful and beautiful! And you, gorgeous! Glad the week is over, and you were able to enjoy it!
I too love your pics, I just want to twinkle my nose and plop down in one of them! LOL
You look amazing!
What gorgeous scenery! I'm so sick of the desert landscape, I could just scream.
Wow...your "baby" is really TALL! LOL. Great NSV too!
I love the picture of you and your son!!!
What a handsome young man! Slip him my digits. ;) LOL
Great NSV, and 207? Dang, lady! You're doing so well.
YAY LISA!!! Don't you love it when the stuff in the back of your closet fits!! Go you! So proud of you!
Love the pictures, you look GREAT!
great pic of you and your son!! and brave of you to stick out that weather! and a definite way to go on the 207, soooo close!!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!