So I finally broke down and actually went out for some honest-to-goodness retail therapy. I just thought of something... I still don't have a belt! Gives me an excuse to get out and therapy-ize again! I spent an entire day at the outlet mall. I came home with a few items, but that really wasn't the reason for the therapy session. My purpose for going was to: (a) find out exactly what size I wear, and (b) see what may look good. So, here's the scoop... I am officially OUT of the "Women's Department" - can I get an "amen" here?!?!? I wear a solid size 16 trouser. Before surgery I wore anywhere from a 20 to a 24 depending on the cut. I tried on a few larger made 14's which fit, but in my book that doesn't count.. And, I could pull 18's down my hips without unbuttoning them - my derriere looked nonexistent in the 18's as well. A good thing!! I came home with couple pairs of jeans..
I tried on a few tops and have gone from a 1x to a regular XL. Not too bad I suppose. I have monkey arms so I am kind of freakish that long sleeve tops go all the way to my wrists. Size large tops fit me in the torso - because I have no "girls" - but all the long sleeves looked like three quarter length on me. I tried on some shoes and bought a cute little pair of brown flats to go with my new jeans. No drastic change in the foot size department though - oh well.. I guess I'll be sentenced to wearing size elevens for the rest of my days.. Although, I did find one tiny little NSV in the shoe department.. I no longer wear eleven WIDE!! Just regular old eleven NORMAL! I guess that deserves a "yay"!!
One thing I learned during this retail therapy trip is that I can and do enjoy shopping.. I haven't enjoyed shopping in so very long.. I can take my time rather than rush in and grab whatever it is I need.. I can try things on in a real honest to goodness dressing room rather than drape myself with the garment or pull it over the clothes I am wearing... And most importantly, I've learned that it is important to love what I am buying.. What I mean by that is, I can go into a store, see that something looks nice, try it on, and take time to decide whether or not it is worth having. Yes, therapy is good for the soul... I figure my next retail therapy trip I will actually try to attempt to tackle bras and other unmentionables! Baby steps, folks... Baby steps...
Other than that, it has been quiet around here. The Hubs is out of town on a business trip so it is me here alone with Hell-fire and Damnation. I've been able to get lots of work done while everything around here is quiet! Since I spent the day doing so much on the computer I have been able to finally catch up on my blog reading and commenting as well - always a good thing....
Have a great week!
Until Next Time!
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago





9 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Lisa, lisa, Lisa!!!! Isn't it amazing!! I am so happy for you! I was also between a 20-24 and it feels amazing to have such a huge change in size! I love shopping now. I used to hate to wear a belt or heck even finding a belt! ANd I have to wear one every day now!
I so need to go bra shopping now though!
This post made me so happy! I think more so for women, the shopping NSV is one of the best ones. I don't buy much still because I don't have a lot of extra money for transitional clothes but I love trying the stuff on and actually deciding whether I would buy it or not. In the past, it was always a matter of something fitting...didn't really matter how it looked, as long as it fit because not many things did. It's like a whole new world has opened up for us. Isn't it great!?!?! SO excited for you!
That's great that you got some shopping done and figured out your sizes, that's very important for the knowledge alone... but even more so for the self-esteem! Seeing your progress in a way other than scale-related alone, best feeling ever.
Also, I say from now on, don't buy anything you don't absolutely love! That's what I do (unless I'm at a thrift store and it's less than $2 or something), and it's a verrrry freeing feeling, rather than buying absolutely anything that will fit and not really caring much about it either way.
Ahhh, I love when things fit!
I laughed out loud when you said you still didn't get a belt.
Isn't it great to enjoy shopping again!!
Wow!!! What a great all around shopping trip for you!! Well, except for the belt thing. But all those NSVs! Holy toledo.
Soooooo happy for you!
Amen sista, and yah!
I know exactly what you mean about actually enjoying shopping now! And I am an 11 to. I have always been one, even pre fattness, so I have no hope of getting smaller than that. It makes it really hard to find cute shoes!
So very thrilled for you dear!! I have found I love love shopping. I seriously always hated it, now knowing that I can go in any store and find something beautiful makes me so happy. Hubby wants Old Navy to lose my email address. Hee hee.
Jealous!! can't wait till one day i may experience that!! :) way to go girl!
Yay for being out of the plus sizes and enjoying shopping!!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!