Is It Martini Time Yet??

CA-RAZY~  That has been my life this week - absolutely crazy!  A good crazy I suppose, but crazy none the less.  On Saturday night, we are hosting the Bishop and others from our Diocese for dinner.  He will be visiting to our tiny little parish - out in the middle of nowhere - for Confirmation then dinner at our place afterwards.  Sooooo, that means tons of cleaning - rugs, windows, preparing food, drink, and all the what-not that is involved in a dinner party for ten.  The whole shebang..   I'm not completely unhappy doing all this heavy work right now because I usually do these things this time of year anyway.  It just usually takes me longer to get it done - on my own time, so to speak!  Anyway, besides our dinner plans this weekend, we also have the Diaconate Reserves (classes), and Senior Day at our Baby's football game Saturday - can you say double martini???  STAT!

The "Binky" makes the ensemble!
Fall fest was a blast - the GrandAngel wore us - and the entire ski resort - out!  We all slept well~!  I did manage to lose two pounds over the weekend swimming, playing at the park, and generally running around after a two year old - imagine that...  We bought most of the things for him that we had planned although I could not find a pair of ski bib overalls in a size 2T...  I'm going to have to get creative here...  The festival itself was nice.  There was the usual craft fair stuff that you find in most Autumn fairs - my quota of carved duck toilet paper holders is filled for the moment - but we loved the food, the entertainment, and the all-around atmosphere!  A terrific time was had!!  Although, I am still looking forward to having a good candy apple - can you imagine??  A fall-fest without candy apples........  Unheard of, I tell you!

Although I've been busy, I've been trying to keep up with all of you and commenting whenever I've had the chance..  You've been my rest and my "take me away" moments from this crazy week - thank you!!!

I will be absolutely thrilled when Sunday gets here and I can just have a glass of wine, take a deep breath and relax by the fire.  I plan on doing nothing but sitting by that fire and watching a good football game - whether or not that will be a Steeler's game is another debate for another day..

Maybe I'll just watch golf............................

 



Until Next Time!!
Photobucket

10 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

erm Lisa? It is always Martini time!

That picture of the grand angel is bloody adorable. Ebay..look for 2t ski bibs there!

Have a great glass of wine on Sunday!

Laura Belle said...

OH MY! You're little grandbaby is soooo cute!!! With his little ski stuff on and all. Love it!

You know, I once saw a carved bear toilet paper holder at a craft fair....maybe I'll get you that. That way you can shake it up a bit from the duck! LOL!!!

And yes...it's alway's martini time. One of these day's I'm going to whip out my shaker and have a martini dedicated to you. Swear.

Have a great weekend!!

Justawallflower said...

Your life tires me out! In such a good way! I love the pics of the grandangles! Deep breaths, and when the craziness is over you can come start on my windows and whatnot. I'll let you do it at your own pace!

Lucy said...

I LOVE, LOVE the fall and apple picking. I'm glad you had fun at Fall fest. Remember when you are cleaning and cooking to enjoy the moments, I love opening my home to others and entertaining and you are enjoying yourself the company will notice and enjoy themselves even more. Your Grandbaby sports the same pacifier as my little one.

MBFL said...

what an adorable little guy.

No candy apples???? That is just wrong.

Cece said...

I'm with Wallflower ... I love reading your posts but always feel so lazy afterwards :) Enjoy that martini :: cheers ::

trishajo said...

what an honor to have the Bishop come to your home!! i hope your weekend goes off without a hitch and you get some R&R sunday!

Rhonda said...

Hope you get some rest today, goodness knows you deserve it! :)

Have a martini for me.

Andrea said...

I got behind on commenting, I think we both had pretty crazy weeks! :) Hope you were able to just relax today and enjoyed that glass of wine!

MandaPanda said...

So busy! I can't imagine a Fall Festival without candy/caramel apples...I mean...it's a Fall staple for goodness sake!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!