So, I lost four pounds last month - not too earth shattering, but not too shabby either. A pound a week. The scale's moving in the right direction though, so it's all good.. What is more important is that I am feeling better and I'm not needing as many meds for the RA, which is a fantastic thing! Most days I get by with a couple of Tylenol - and not the prescribed stuff - yay me!! I am still taking my injectible - I will most likely take that for the rest of my life - but I have been able to cut way down on the pain meds, I love it! I've always said that to me, the number on the scale just isn't as important as the quality of life.. I've been feeling good and healthy - and that, my friends, is a very good thing!
I need new clothing - desperately, I need new clothing! A wonderful NSV to be sure, but my clothing is literally hanging on me! We went to a funeral today (the parent of a dear friend passed away) and I wore my standard black slacks. I had to borrow a belt from the hubs! I was afraid my slacks were going to fall right off my hips! I could slide them on and off without undoing them - how scary is that?!?! Probably wouldn't have been a good thing at Mass either... But, I am ashamed to say, and I confess, I have no belt... Not one, nada, zilch. I was so embarrassed to ask the Hubs for his that I, for a brief moment, considered pulling out a draw string from a pair of capris I have... Uhm, the only problem was they are pink - the drawstring is pink... Note to self, add a belt to my list of things to buy.. A belt and some bras - the girls are looking kinda non-existent these days..
To my secret bandit - you gift to me has been used several times over the past few days - it, my special friend, fits me to a tee!! Thank you again!!
So, although it has been eerily quiet around here in blog-land this weekend, I am doing my part to be one of the very special "designated bloggers" who are keeping this place neat, tidy, and running proficiently! Thank you for joining me in this endeavor!! And to all who are in Chi-Town, you'd better be having a martini for me!!
Have a terrific rest of your weekend!!
Until Next Time!
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago




6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Ok, I just tried to tell you I was sorry for your loss but that came out all wrong.
Lisa, What size slacks do you need?
I'm still too scared to buy a belt. Pathetic isn't it? My work pants are literally starting to ride down but I just know that all the belts will be too small (I guess I have a phobia I never knew about?). One of these days, I'm gonna suck it up and buy one. Just...gotta...get..the..courage.
Yay Lisa!! 4 pounds down is still 4 pounds gone...so proud of you! And that is a huge, huge NSV for you, being able to cut down on your pain meds - good for you! As for the belt - I'd just run out to a TJ Maxx or a Kohls or something, and just buy a cheapy belt for the time you need it...although I also like the idea of a pink drawstring!! Hope you're having a great day...
4 pounds in a month is great! Just keep moving forward!
4 pounds is great! I want to lose 4 pounds! That would put me in a new decade! And it is wrong of me to say that if I can't take my pants off without unbuttoning them I feel to fat? Most of mine slip off that way. Just one or two that do not!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!