Shoot Me Now....

As the title says, "Shoot me now"..  If you have a compassionate bone in your body, put me out of my misery.  I've been "under the weather" lately - or to put it more bluntly, I have a freaking sinus infection..  I've had it pretty much the entire week and have not done a darn thing but feel sorry for myself.  Nyquil is my friend and Sudafed is my life support.  I made the Hubs buy the Sudafed this time, I wasn't in the mood to play twenty questions, get frisked, and have my drivers license picture on the pharmacy wanted posters.  Remember when I was pre-band, I spent that cool Sunday afternoon making all those home-made soups??  They're officially gone after this week - every single last bag.  I am now resigned to either get off the couch long enough to make a fresh batch or resort to canned...  Shoot me now...

I have managed to read blogs this week, I truly felt like a stalker, lurking and reading but not posting.  I did some commenting too.  I am simply amazed at some of the work-out mojo that's going on out there in blog-land!  You have all been such an inspiration and motivation to me.  For the time being though, there aren't enough tissues in the world to be doing "downward facing dog," so it just ain't happening - if you know what I mean...  And please don't suggest nose tampons, been there, done that - it doesn't work....  Shoot me now...

So tomorrow is "official" weigh in day.  I usually weigh everyday - I know, it's my OCD, I can't help it - but the official date for the spread-sheet is the first of the month.  We'll see what the ole "Health-o-meter" has to say.  Other than my first experience of being stuck last weekend, was that really the last time I've blogged??  Talk about being a slug!  My week has been pretty good food wise, although not as physical as I would have liked.  I did drink a lot of soup though, and indulged in a few ice pops..  We'll just have to see what the scale has to say...  I've grown in the attitude that "it is what it is"..  I'm feeling healthier, my clothes fit better, and I am beginning to do things I haven't been able to do in a long while - it's all good...

I know where this little festival of germs came from - and you guessed it - that beautiful little germ-bag we call our GrandAngel.  We had him over last weekend, runny nose and all.  I love how he comes within centimeters of my face, holds my cheeks in his grimy little hands and says, "Grammy??  Kiss me??"  then proceeds to sneeze and cough right before the glorious kiss..  yep, that's exactly where this germ-fest came from...    In the picture to the right --> he is "kissing" his toe after he accidentally ran over it with his fire truck..  He has learned how to kiss and kisses everything - including the dogs.  No wonder I'm sick.................

Have a terrific Thursday!  The long weekend is almost HERE!

Until Next Time!
Photobucket

12 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Red Riding Hood said...

I hope that you are feeling better really soon! Everything seems worse you are feeling like rubbish. Virtual hugs!

Amanda said...

Honey, I have strept throat. I was thinking it was allergies with a nasal drip making my throat hurt. But my insticts told me when I was waking up every 20 minutes to try and swallow that it might be more!

Problem I am having is that I am mega mega tight.

I am thinking of you, feel better, have some of the better quaility boxed stock. It isn't bad!
Oh and the Pacific Organic Cream soups are really really darn good. They are rich without being high in fat and they are thin instead of chunks. I like the black bean with a little reduced sour cream and then the carrot, ginger and cashew which I thought would be AWFUL. I am in love with it now!

JD said...

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear you are under the weather. As a singer, I know the hell of sinus and upper respiratory infections - they are hideous. The thing I found worked the absolute best for getting rid of my congestion on a temporary [12 hours at a time] basis is Zicam Extreme Nasal Spray - preferably with the eucalyptus. That stuff is AMAZING. It clears you right out, and it lasts for 12 hours, no joke. The funny thing is, it is homeopathis, too. I highly, HIGHLY recommend it, much more than Sudafed. It got me through my Carnegie Hall debut when I was sick as a dog...it's a super hero. Also, thanks for your comment on my last post - you are right, every day is a new day. Yesterday is done. So I'm just back on the horse. It's only 730 am, mind you, but so far so good! Hope you feel beter soon!

Laura Belle said...

Oh honey. Being sick sucks so bad! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Rachel said...

Sending you good thoughts of health and well being...

Rhonda said...

Oh no, I've never been sick with the band, so I don't know your pain... but I can definitely sympathize in general. Those sweet babies sure are little germ factories.

P.S. - That picture is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen. :)

greenie said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. If you haven't tried a sinus rinse, you should. I swear by them. I used to use a neti pot, but now I use the squeeze bottle kind. Easier and works better. Hope you feel better soon.

MandaPanda said...

He's just too cute though!

So sorry you're feeling under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you feel so miserable. I have a gun but do not know where you live so.... no mercy killings today.
Wait, are you saying it is strange to kiss our dogs? Mine would beg to differ. Sydney expects a good-night and good-bye smaackaroo.

Jacquie said...

Oh Lisa...feel better honey!

Cat said...

Feel better dear.

Andrea said...

I'm sorry, that is no fun!! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!