Happy Labor Day! And other Mumblings..

Happy Labor Day to ALL!  I hope this weekend has been all you wanted it to be!

Labor Day.  The official "end of summer"..  I'm probably ageing myself here, but I distinctly remember my Mother making a "to-do" about putting away my white shoes and purses after Labor Day...  I'm planning on wearing a cute little pair of white capris to a most likely rained out picnic we're attending tomorrow - hawgfest!!  No white shoes or purse though - I don't think I own white shoes or purses...  Mom would have been proud...

Labor Day.  The official "end of summer"..   I'm not ready for Autumn and I don't want it.  Nope, nada, not one bit.  Fall means winter is coming.  Winter means snow and snow stinks..  My plan is to hold on to every last vestige of summer that I can and Fall (come crashing) into the next season kicking and screaming - who's with me??  Last year I wore my sandals well into November.  It was my personal war against winter.  Uhm...  winter won at the first snow fall - damn!  Anyway, here's to Labor Day and to everyone who Labors!  Speaking of Labor Day, I really missed seeing Jerry Lewis during this year's MDA telethon.  It wasn't the same..  Kinda gimpy.  The Hubs was on our local station again this year presenting the check from our ski club's annual golf outing!  The presentation was pre-recorded this time, taped at the end of July.  

...and I still have this cold.  Seven days.  I think I'm going to have to re-name the GrandAngel "The Black Plague" - this is awful!!!  I'm beginning to slosh from all the tea I'm drinking - and I don't even LIKE tea...   It's a shame they couldn't find a bio-fuel use for what's coming out of my face - I've gone through two whole boxes of Puffs over the last week.....

I have an appointment with the Bariatric Doc on Tuesday.  The first since surgery.  I'm not sure what to expect.  Will I get a fill??  Will he just poke and prod and marvel in his glorious handiwork??  I've been losing steadily, and can eat about one to one and a half cups of food at meal time - but then I'm not hungry for awhile.   I mentioned that September 1st was my official weigh in.  The "official" weigh in is the one that gets recorded.  I do that once a month in my food journal.  I do weigh each day - because I have OCD, and this uncontrolled need to make sure I'm on track - but the weight that is written in indelible ink in my handy-dandy journal is my weight on the first of the month.  To date, I've lost fourty five pounds from my all time high and thirty four pounds since surgery.  I didn't do my measurements this month though.  I lost my measuring tape - again...  I need to do that.  It's all in the page "Just the facts Ma'am" over there --->>  I should put in a few comparison photos..  Perhaps one of these days...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Until Next Time!
Photobucket

6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

34 lbs since surgery!? Wowser lady! Keep up he good work! You keep battling for summer, me? I am ready for fall!

Anonymous said...

First, I am SO with you. I can't enjoy fall because it means nasty, cold winter is on the way.
Second, 34 pounds is AMAZING.
Third, I would love to see pics.

Rhonda said...

34 lbs since surgery?!?! OMG, LISA - that's an amazing amount of weight loss. Congrats to you, sweetie! :)

Hope you're having a great Labor Day.

MandaPanda said...

Your progress is fantastic!

If you think you may have a sinus infection, I'm afraid antibiotics is what you need. May want to see a doc.

I can't wait until Fall. It is still so blasted hot here! So...sick...of..summer.

I don't follow the no white after labor day or black after memorial day or whatever those rules are. I'll wear whatever works with my outfit.

Hang in there sweetie! I hope you feel better soon.

Kelli said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to keeping in touch.

Fiddle in the Band said...

Congratulations on your progress! That's awesome! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!