Thank YOU, Secret Bandit!

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU, Secret Bandit!!  What a lovely and thoughtful gift I received in the mail today!!  My Secret Bandit sent me the most beautiful martini glass - in my absolute favorite color!!  It is a rose pink glass with beautiful spots that yes, look like lady bugs!  The grooves very much remind me of golf balls!  The pictures I snapped do not do this beautiful piece of glass work justice..  Along with the martini glass (which WILL be used later this evening while I'm watching my favorite golf show), I received the most beautiful, inspiring and encouraging letter - I cried..  I cried big tears it was so beautiful, so full of care..  Thank you, Secret Bandit, thank you for your friendship, your encouragement, your thoughtfulness..  You touched my heart more than you'll ever know...

So we've recovered from the Deacon Reserves weekend, thankfully.  I had a really tough time with food over the weekend.  It seemed that at every meal my band (which still remains nameless...) snapped shut good and tight.  I'm noticing that it seems to happen often when I eat out.  Eating at home doesn't seem to be a problem..  I make it a point to concentrate on what I'm doing, go very slowly, take ever so small of a bite and chew to oblivion, but it doesn't seem to help.  Even a tiny sip of water isn't helpful..  Three bites into the meal and my little lady hiccups begin rearing their ugly heads - yeah, I know we touched on the fact that hiccups have no heads, please humor me..  I'm not quite sure what to do about this annoying little conundrum - I love that word, "conundrum"..  Anyway, it only seems to happen when I am eating out.....  Any suggestions???  I am ready to resign myself to the fact that I'll only be having the soup and mashed potatoes when I eat out...

And all is quiet here at the ponderosa, thankfully.  I believe our GrandAngel is coming tomorrow to spend a few days with us, so I'm getting my workout shoes ready!  I was a complete slug over the weekend - sitting at a desk for hours on end will do that.  I did take a short walk at lunch on Saturday, but it was more for the sunshine than the exercise!  I'm looking forward to running around the yard and shedding my slug!

Have a terrific week!!
Until Next Time!
Photobucket

9 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Fat in Suburbia said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog-new follower and looking forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

Your martini gladd is great.
I have no advice about the tightness when eating out..... Sorry. I am no help.

Amanda said...

What a fabulous bandit gift!! Someone has fabulous taste!!

Kelli said...

Love your cartoon! How fun having a secret bandit!

MandaPanda said...

I tend to get stuck more when eating out and it's because I KNOW I'm not as careful when I'm chatting with friends or people watching or whatever. I have found that if I have a bit of coffee or hot tea just before the meal, it helps.

Beth Ann said...

I have had hiccups all my life. In high school and college I had them ALL THE TIME. As I got older, they faded, but I would get about 4-10 per day. Weird, huh?

The band actually made it a little better I think, because now I really only get them after eating.

Rhonda said...

I'm sorry your band is so fickle when you go out to eat.

Also, great gift! I hope I get my first bandit gift soon... :(

Samantha said...

That is an awesome martini glass! put it to good use!

Laura Belle said...

what a great gift!! I love it!

Have fun with your GrandAngel this next few days!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!