Hey ho! Nothing really new to blog about today. I just felt the need to blog on 9/10/11.. The numbers thing is kind of neat. Anyway... I've been really busy catching up on office work - there are a lot of new things happening at Church and we'll just say that the additional workload is "keeping me out of trouble." Oh, and the computer was down as well - what fun. I spent today with our GrandAngel which is always fun! That kid is an eating machine. I almost forgot what it was like having a hungry boy at home, he is exactly like my boys - the original eating machines.
Who'd a thunk that a half cc of fluid in my band would have made such a difference! Mercy! We went to a dear friend's home for dinner last night. She served this amazing chicken, and sides to die for! The woman can cook! I had less than a third of this amazing and gloriously moist chicken breast before my little lady hiccups reared their ugly heads. OK, I know hiccups don't technically have heads, but you get the picture. I enjoy reading how folks with a band get that "nudge" - that sign - that they're reaching the limits of the pouch. I've read that some get a pain in the shoulder, some sigh, get runny noses - I get these teeeny, quiet, little "lady hiccups"... They're so quiet and dainty.. The weirdest thing....
Our Baby's team lost their football game today. He hasn't been playing since camp though. During camp he had some dehydration issues and actually had two visits to the emergency room (one in an ambulance..) He doesn't have medical clearance to play yet. It seems he's experiencing "metabolic" issues which have caused him to lose quite a bit of weight and prevents his body from utilizing liquids normally - causing the extreme dehydration when he's active. The word "activity" doesn't begin to describe what really happens at college football camps in August. Anyway, he is being tested for thyroid issues - Graves disease runs in our family - and may be out the first four games. I'm OK with that. I'd rather see him cheering on the sidelines than visiting him in the hospital - It's a mom thing...
I've given some thought about how I want to commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11. We will be attending Mass tomorrow, a Mass of remembrance. Then, I plan on doing what we always do on Sunday. Call our parent and tell them we love them, and cook a delicious meal to enjoy with family and friends. We will toast each other. Toast our friendship and our love...
We will take a day to embrace the gift of simply being together.....
Until Next Time...
Well, I finally had my big Hollywood break.
The new season of *The Lowdown* started last week, and I made my television
debut as a little tiny blur wa...
1 week ago





5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Just being together and reminding those you love is the perfect way to spend the day.
I think that sounded like a great way to commemorate 9/11. :)
And hope your baby gets better soon, nothing worse than seeing our boys hurting - no matter what age! <3
Sounds like you're in a great place with your band!
I hope everything gets figured out with your son. So scary when our kids have medical stuff, huh?
What a great way to commemorate. Please keep us posted about your son. Scary stuff when they are in the figuring out stage.
I hear ya on the hiccups - that's my soft stop signal too! Always good to pay attention, or else bad things happen for me.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!