A 30th Anniversary at the Beach

What a glorious week we've had! We are spending our 30th Wedding Anniversary with family and friends in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.. Our actual anniversary was on Monday, and we celebrated by renewing our vows at the beach! Our Sons were our "best men", my daughter-in-law was my matron of honor, and our GrandAngel was our ring bearer. We said our vows before our Priest and best brother/friend, J who presided over the event. It was truly magical, and I am truly blessed to have had such a special celebration.. Next week more family is coming to join us! Hey.. I think thirty years deserves two weeks at the beach, right??

Me 'n the Hubs discussed how to celebrate our anniversary for quite some time.. We could either go all out with a reception style extravaganza or we could spend a couple of weeks nestled up in a cozy beach front cottage.. Uhm.. I guess you can see where my vote went!

So here I am on a gorgeous Friday nite.. Looking out at a clear starry nite on the deck of the beach house, listening to the glorious music of the waves pounding on the surf.. The house is quiet as everyone is tired and sun burned from playing all day at the beach and at the pool. A couple of evening martinis by the pool will tire one out, too!

I brought my I-pad to read blogs and to post when I could.. If my typing is incoherent, it's either because the key pads are way too small for my big fingers.. (or a martini or two is kicking in!)

Nothing yet from the bariatric office. I called the insurance guru two days ago. She said my
case had "just been received" by my insurance company, and that they usually take "three to five days" to decide to approve or not.... Good thing I'm at the beach, this waiting is killing me!! Other than a few too many martinis in the evenings, and perhaps a bit much sangria on the beach, my eating has been very good, I've really been trying to keep up the good habits - you'd be proud! I'm chewing, eating slowly, drinking water, keeping snacking and desserts to a minimum, and taking walks every day! Anyway, with the Holiday weekend coming, I'm sure not to hear anything until next week... I'll become a real pain in the ass starting on Tuesday...

I'll try to post pics from my phone! Have a terrific weekend!




5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Rhonda said...

Aww, happy 30th anniversary, sweetie! :) What an achievement! I'm gonna drink a martini for you for 30 more years tonight! *big hugs!*

I sure wish I lived closer too, I would totally crash your party. :D

Jacquie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the Outer Banks, Duck specifically! My family and my sisters family are heading there for a week in August. I.Cannot.Wait!

Good luck with your approval process. I am having my band taken out on 6/17, 3 weeks! I am being revised to the Vertical Sleeve. I just want it over at this point so I can get back to the business of losing weight! I had my band drained 2 weeks ago and I am fighting not to gain.

Enjoy the rest of time you will be at the beach!

Alison said...

Happy anniversary! Sounds like you had a blissful day, can't wait for photos!

Lyla said...

Happy anniversary! What an amazing way to celebrate. You enjoy your beach time and just know that you'll get that approval soon enough.

Rachel said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate a beautiful marriage. I love how your children/grandchild were involved.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!