The Journey Continues..............

**siggghhhhh**  I should have known better...  I should have known..  Should I have accepted the fact that I've finished jumping through hoops in a mere eleven months??  No!  That would have been too easy!  It would have been too easy to believe that I was finished with my end of the process, my end of the deal - much too easy - and I took the easy way out!  I believed that little piece of paper that neatly had written on it my "to do" list of hoops..  I believed the little red check marks on the list as each item was completed..  It seems there is one more (just one?) hoop that needs to be addressed.  A surgical consult from a Cardiologist.  A consult I wasn't made aware of until last Friday.  Silly me..  And here I thought the cardiac stress test I had to endure and the EKG covered the "cardiac criteria" - at least that is what I was led to believe reading that little piece of paper with my hoops so neatly typed out I so diligently followed...  Oooops!  Please... someone tape my head together so it doesn't explode!    I suppose having yet one more hoop to leap through (I should weigh one hundred and twenty pounds from all the jumping I've been through so far...) is frustrating enough, but what really pushed me over the proverbial edge was the attitude I received when I was answered the question, "where is your cardiac consult?"..  "Uhmmm...  what???"  My answer.. "What consult??".. Her response - "Every surgery patient needs a cardiology consult.."   "It's not on my LIST!"  Should I know this stuff??  Instinctually??  Like beavers know how to build dams??  I hear papers being shuffled around in the background..  She then tells me that no, it was in fact not on my "list"..  C'mon lady!  You're the professional here - I am the sheep that is being led around the pasture by the border collie called a "to-do" list!  Give me a break!

So, with matters expedited, I have my "official" cardiac consult a week from tomorrow.  Good thing it wasn't immediately after that phone call I'd be blogging from ICU..  So the journey continues..  I am really beginning to hate the smell, the feel, the atmosphere of Doctor's offices.  They're depressing..  No matter what they do to "brighten" them up, they're still depressing - and they stink.  Every Doctor's office stinks... 

So on that note, I remind you to eat your greens and stay heart healthy!

Until Next Time! 

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Lap Band Groupie said...

Oh MAN that STINKS! Don't have a heart attack from all the stress of this! Glad they got you in quickly! The end is in sight!!!

Lyla said...

Why in the world would they need all of that cardiology stuff? Grrrr, I'm irritated on your behalf. But at least its scheduled and we'll cross our fingers it's the last thing up.

Jacquie said...

I bet if you add up all the dollars spent by the insurance company for all the pre-op testing you have to go through, it is less than the actually banding surgery! These insurers are morons in my opinion. When I was looking into surgery, I actually was told by Blue Cross "your insurance will cover you if you gain 70 lbs! Well hell, that would make sense, right? Maybe I'd develop diabetes or heart disease on the way up! You wonder why I went self-pay?

Hang in there!

MandaPanda said...

Oh geez! Are you sure that's even required for the insurance? Usually that would just be pre-op testing for the doctor. So frustrating dealing with doctor's offices. Hang in there! I had to jump through hoops twice and go through 2 denials before I got my surgery approved. It'll happen!

Amanda said...

Never ending isn't it!! But you are OHHH so close! I need to eat my greens today for sure!! My B's are down!

I know what you mean, Doc offices have a smell of anxiety for me!

I always ALWAYS have extra olive juice! Come when ever!

Amanda Kiska said...

You're almost there! Keep plugging away. It IS worth it!

tagyourit said...

that is horrible! I hope you get it checked off soon and nothing else comes up.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!