| Taken after the deluge of rain! |
No news yet from the Bariatric office, but I'm thinking no news is good news I suppose. I will call the insurance guru tomorrow if I don't hear anything.....
| The Famous "Tour of Scotland" |
A terrific weekend was had golfing in the rain - mud ball - and it was for a good cause. You'll be so proud of me, too! I had my full body pictures taken on the golf course. Two of them as a matter of fact. I wanted to get them taken before the rains came so my dear friend and golf buddy Deb took them. The Hub's ski club sponsors this golf event to benefit the local area MDA organization. A couple who are members of our ski club lost a son at four months old to MDA, so this event is near and dear to all our hearts. I wouldn't care if the course was covered in ten inches of snow, I'd be out there with my pink golf balls whacking away for this particular event, I wouldn't miss it for the world. During the event, I did pass the women's long drive marker, but sadly my ball missed the fairway - I didn't win this year. Gotta be long AND straight to get that free dozen of pink golf balls! The annual "tour of Scotland" afterwards was a complete success again, as always!
Today was a strange day. We had to have our poor, sickly, wheezing, (twenty year old) cat put down. I couldn't believe that I was as affected by his death as I was. Yeah, I cried like a ten year old. There is more to my crying then the death of a mangy, old cat though. Heck, I wasn't even particularly fond of this feline. I often threatened to euthanize him every time he left me a dead rodent or coughed up a disgusting fur ball.. He was part of our family though. Warts and all, he was a part of our menagerie of family warts. He was our youngest sons cat. Our baby grew up with that cat. Today was a painful reminder to me that our boys are no longer little, they're grown men. We were never "empty nest" parents, in fact, I gleefully helped our youngest pack when he moved out.. We were the couple (just like the commercial) that wiped tears from our eyes as he was driving away.. When he was out of site, the Hubs said... "got the tickets??" Actually, my heart was sad when our boys moved on, but it was a "selfish sad" - they were leaving us.. I got over it when I realized that my grocery bill and my time doing laundry was cut in half! The reason why I never clung to the "selfish sad" is that they've become their own men and are spreading their wings as they should be.. that, and I am using their bedrooms for my office and my art! I am proud that they are living their lives as independent and terrific men. I guess moments like these just make me wish I could reach back in time and grasp onto that precious time when they were young, at least for a little while...
...and the realization that I can't.
Until Next Time
...and the realization that I can't.
Until Next Time




5 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
So sorry to hear about your cat, they drive you mad but it's so sad when they're gone.
Really hope that you get some good news from your insurance provider soon!
I am sorry to hear about your cat Lisa! I know what you mean...and they are apart of your family no matter what!!
Waiting for the word from your Bari Office! :) Hope you are well, friend!
Lisa I am having my band taken out and replaced with a VSG on 6/17, do you want it? LOL I am sure you will be hearing something any day on yours!
I'm hoping your approval comes through any day now. I can't even think about my kiddos going off on their own even 15 years from now...but there are days where I'd sell them...for the right price, of course...
I'm sorry about the kitty, I know how you feel, I had a brush with death with my dog I grew up with (had for about 10 years) and even though I don't pay as much attention to him as I probably should... just the thought of putting him down was making me cry into the dishes I was doing at the time. :(
I hope you hear back about the insurance soon! I just know all your hard work is going to pay off. :) I missed ya, Miss Lisa!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!