Shtr's Full!

Yes, when it rains....  We've not got the furnace fixed - yet..  May be a little while.  Over the weekend we discovered a problem in the bathroom off the mud-room.  "A problem" - that simple expression just doesn't seem to describe the utter destruction that we awoke to on that miserable, cold, morning - remember, no furnace on that side of the house..  Our commode was "gurgling" - and uhm... "burping" gross and obnoxious matter - hmmm..  a septic problem??  Again, "problem" isn't a strong enough word here..  So, bright and early today the septic man comes to do his thing...  Think Cousin Eddy in Christmas Vacation standing at the sewer pumping his Rrr-Vee out in the storm drain...  "Shitter's full..."  Cousin Eddy was at our house today - chaw and all.  Replace the robe with bib overalls and you have our septic guy....

Anyway, $210 later - and the proud, new recipient of a very empty and sparkly clean septic tank, I begin to clean the horrifying mess that is now our mud-room and bathroom.  I clean the commode, flush, and Oh my heavens....  now the water is pouring out from under the commode and the burping and gurgling inside the nasty beast continues...  Time to call the plumber..  To make a long and horrific story short, I need to replace all - yes you read that correctly - ALL the plumbing that leads to the septic tank.  They need to bust through the cement floor and replace the corroded, terra cotta plumbing that has literally crumbled and is collapsing into itself - oh yeah, and Thanksgiving is now three days away...  It seems that archaeologists in Egypt are finding artifacts in ancient pyramids that are more modern than the plumbing in my home..  Does it get any easier???  And WHEN????  I am so over all the (continuing) family drama, furnaces, plumbing, car maintenance, doctors - all of it.  Honestly, if I didn't keep my sense of humor through this entire fiasco - and a fiasco is what it is turning out to be - I would be wrapped in a padded cell and talking to the little people who are floating all around me!

Think of the scene in Christmas Vacation when the Dad tells Clark how he survived family events - "With a little help from Jack" - yes, that is the level of chaos that is Lisa Land these days...

...I am surviving with a little help from Tangueray and a Costco size bottle of olives.


Here's a cheers to YOU!
Until Next Time....
Photobucket

12 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Cece said...

Ahhh ... good, ol' Costco. And, if I recall - olives are a veg or are they a fruit? One of my fav sayings: this too shall pass (I mean, it has too right?).

MandaPanda said...

Good Lord!!! Every time I tune in to your blog these days, your house is falling apart! Have you considered just tearing it down and starting over???

Cousin Eddy...classic :)

I hope things calm down soon...you deserve a break.

vickyd said...

(((HUGS))) OMG - you are having a hard time of it lately, aren't you? I hope things turn a corner for you soon and things start getting better - you certainly deserve it!

Fat in Suburbia said...

I'm sorry for laughing but funny post! I'm sorry your bathroom is falling apart though. :P

Grandma Bonnie said...

Thanks for making my life seem like sunshine and lollipops comparitively. Good laugh. Sometimes you have to get by with a little help from your friends, as the song says. Tanguary is a good friend.
bonnie

Theresa said...

You poor dear! I feel bad for lauging at the Cousin Eddie reference. Hang in there!

trishajo said...

it's times like these that you're going through that the only thing that keeps me sane is daily counting my blessings - otherwise if i think of all the shortcomings going on i probably would go off the deep end!!

hang in there!!

Laura Belle said...

OH crap. Literally.

I'm so so sorry babe. It will get better, soooo better.

Then when it does, just think, it has to stay sooo better forever because of all the bad that's happening now. Right? Right.

Kristin said...

Oh I hope things get better for you sooner than later!

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Lap Band Groupie said...

Oh sweetie! Sh*t on the Sh*tter!!! Dag, when it rains...it pours...sh*t apparently LOL.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and can enjoy the family without any more house drama!

Have a martini on me! Off to bake the pies ;-)

Andrea said...

Okay, you already had me cracking up just reading the title of this post! I love that movie! Guess you have to try and have some humor in a really crappy situation! :) I'm sure the Tangueray and olives are helping!

Rhonda said...

Oh no, I hope you've got it all fixed up. Sorry I'm so behind with my reading. Love ya, girl. You're a saint for weathering this!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!