November 1st - Jumbalaya Day!

So we had one trick or treat(er) last night - our GrandAngel!!  He came dressed as a dinosaur!!  Our Son (who was dressed as a - ready for this?? - chick magnet...) brought him to see Grammy and Opa for Halloween!  So, although we didn't have the "regular" kind of trick-or-treaters, we had a truly wonderful kind!!  And of course Grammy and Opa were ready for our littlest trick or treater - we had a pumpkin FULL to the brim of many kinds of wonderful treats just waiting for him - Grammy's are always ready for these things!   These aren't the best photos taken of our GrandAngel because he couldn't stand still long enough to have his picture taken!  Being pretty revved up on sugar, he spent the evening scaring Hell-fire and Damnation (the dogs) in best dinosaur form..  The dogs didn't mind though - he had pockets full of cheese curls... Any good dog worth his salt knows that he'll do anything - even be afraid of a two year old dressed up like a dinosaur - for a good cheese curl!
Chick Magnet...




So it turned out to be a pretty good Halloween, if I say so myself..  I always like having our Guys come to visit - dressed up is always a good thing!  Oh, and I kept my wandering and pudgy fingers OUT of the Halloween bowl this year - which in itself is a terrific thing, if I say so myself!
Today is All Saints Day - kinda makes you want to eat a huge bowl of jumbalya and sing "When the Saints...." doesn't it??   We took our GrandAngel to Mass with us tonight - what a hoot!  He very loudly applauded the cantors who sang, said "Grace" especially loud during the quiet parts, and thought the priest was sleeping while he was sitting in his chair on the altar - he shushed the lector while she read the readings - then proudly told the congregation "He up now..." when the priest stood to read the Gospel..  Besides nearly knocking over the holy water font, he sang, prayed and pretty much entertained everyone who was in a ten foot radius of us...  He truly "participated" at mass - in two year old fashion...


I hope everyone had a terrific day today!!
Until Next Time!

Photobucket

11 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Kristin said...

What a cute description of MASS! I can picture it now. Glad you had such a great Halloween, isn't being grandma the best?

Laura Belle said...

oh, you're 'dinosaur' is sooo adorable! And you're son's costume is hilarious!

yes, I will take some jambalaya!!! Please!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable customes; son's is very cleaver too.
Did I miss something or did you change your blog design?

MandaPanda said...

Aaaawwww! Cutest dinosaur I've ever seen! And good job staying out of the candy. I salute you!

Lucy said...

Sounds like a good time to me.

Rhonda said...

Aww, what a cutie pie - I love that he stopped by. I brought my boys by to see my grandma the other night and she was just thrilled, just wait until your grandangel has kiddos of his own and brings them over to see you! :)

Cat said...

Cute dino costume! Also love your son's costume. Very clever!

Cece said...

Great pics - thanks for sharing ! And the cartoon was a hoot !

trishajo said...

when i was your grandson's age my mom told me during mass when the priest had kneeled down behind the altar while preparing for communion (and of course when it's quiet) I yelled out "WHERE'D GOD GO?!" lol mom said the whole congregation laughed. kids say the darndest things!!! he's TOO CUTE!!!

Andrea said...

Love the new blog profile! It's new, right? :) Your grandangel is so cute and LOL at the chick magnet costume!

MBFL said...

cutest.dinosaur.ever!!

The dog story reminds me of my "puppy". She was afraid of the recliner/rocker so we helped her over come her fear with cheetos. We still can't get her out of the recliner, lol

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!