Thanks to Draz and her BYOC's we have a Thanksgiving BYOC this week! So, instead of imbibing on martini's I thought this would be a healthier route to take!
Enjoy!!
1) What is you FAVORITE part of Thanksgiving?
I love being with my family. As you know, I've been going through some family drama these past few months.. I'll share with you one of these days, but for now I am looking forward to enjoying my sons, my GrandAngel, our parents and a few close friends for dinner. I love, love, LOVE cooking!! I always begin Thanksgiving in July when all the farms around start putting out their produce - it is a process that I thrive on each and every year!
2) How many Thanksgiving family events will you attend?
2) How many Thanksgiving family events will you attend?
ONE! My own... This problem was solved thirty years ago. The last thing I wanted to do was schlep around to various family Thanksgiving dinners - and bloat myself until I exploded. We decided to host our own and anyone and every one who wanted to come was welcome - the same rules apply this year, as other years - ALL are welcome! Which is why I always prepare a thirty pound turkey!!
3) What is your biggest Thanksgiving tradition?
Being together. That is the summit, the soul of the entire holiday. It doesn't matter what is on the table, or what anyone is wearing, or what is happening in our lives - Thanksgiving is about being together. Holding hands in prayer of Thanksgiving, and enjoying the presence of our lives - TOGETHER! Although, my Mother's stuffing recipe doesn't hurt though!
4) Do you Black Friday shop the day after Thanksgiving?
Hell NO!! If you could give me ALL the savings that everyone out there killing themselves over sales are receiving to get out there and shop, I'll tell you to get lost - I wouldn't be caught DEAD anywhere near a mall or shopping center the day after Thanksgiving (or Christmas for that matter)!!!
5) Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog world.
Real life has pretty much sucked lately - but hey, I'm still enjoying my filthy martini's, which is getting me through it all! Blog world is good. My friends - YOU - have kept my head above water more than I could put into words here, and I thank YOU! Often times, I just love reading about your lives, your adventures, your struggles, and your successes. I read from my phone, from my ipad, from my puter - whenever I need a break from this journey we call, LIFE...
Here's the rest of the "for the birds part." The boys will be bird hunting with our dog Damnation tomorrow, so hopefully we will be enjoying pheasant with walnut stuffing and plum wine sauce for dinner - if not, there's always Pizza!!
Enjoy your weekend!!
Until Next Time!!





6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Ahhh, I love your answers!
Tell your boys good luck! Out here in the sticks there was nothing. Like 15 guys got 15 birds last weekend. it's just been too dry, there's no food for the little birdies. OH well.
I hope things get better for you soon! Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope you don't have to resort to pizza. But those filthy martini's should help. Happy Thanksgiving!
Awww- I hope you can blog it out soon to help heal your heart. WE are all here for you.
What's your favorite dish to cook? At the moment I'm baking some chocolate pies. :)
I'm sorry real life has sucked. Sounds like this week is bound to better as you revel in having your sons and grandson home and cooking for the family. I hope everything sorts itself out soon. We're here for you ((HUGS))
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!