Is It Spring Yet?? Is It??

I think spring may finally be in the air - shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone though..  The last time I mentioned that it freakin' SNOWED!!  It's May 1st, can the snow be behind us??  Can it?? 

We pulled the old John Deere out of the back of the garage and did some yard work - we'll see if that is enough to get this whole spring shebang into gear!

So....  I lost 62 pounds since July - that's..  uhm...  10 months.  Ok, I can do that! If I may be so bold, I think those three pounds that have been haunting me for the past four weeks are finally "behind me" - we shall see..  But today was a "hungry day" - if it was within a six foot radius, I ate it.  Although I was fairly active today..  Took the GrandAngel to swim lessons - he's still two so the swim lessons involve having me there too, hefting a thirty pound wet weight for an hour (my arms are gone..).  Me 'n the Hubs went to the driving range to get ready for our golf outing this weekend and the GrandAngel and I spent the rest of the afternoon running around the yard - and around, and around, and around....  I'm whooped!!  Trust me, get yourself a two year old and a five acre open area - no gym membership required for the most amazing workout you'll ever do!  Speaking of which, I've just bought an old fashioned VCR player (yep, they still make 'em) just so that I can get back to doing my yoga tapes!  I have so many good ones that have not gone to DVD (or to blue-ray) and I have been dying to get back into it - wish me luck!!

I didn't mention it, but our "Baby" is graduating college this month - and has joined the PA National Guard.  He leaves later this month for basic training.  Our oldest spent two years in the Navy and now our youngest is entering the National Guard..  I have mixed emotions over his enlistment - just as I had with our oldest.  Our oldest spent six months on a Carrier in the Persian Gulf and I'm fearful as to where our youngest will end up..  Not knowing is the worst.  So, I've been dealing with fear, pride, joy and sadness - all wrapped up into a huge "Mom-thing"...  Pass the tissues, I need 'em..

The weekend went well, me 'n the Hubs golfed - and it felt sooooo good to be out in some sunshine for a change!  It didn't SNOW!!  Oh yeah...  we have been known to golf in the snow - but not this time!!  HA!

I hope your week is going well!!
Until Next Time!!

3 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

MandaPanda said...

62 lbs in 10 months! That's fabulous! Sounds like you're definitely keeping busy. I'll be keeping your son in my prayers...as a mom, I'm sure I'd be a nervous wreck.

Beth Ann said...

I just love the term GrandAngel. :)

Rhonda said...

Hoping Spring has stuck and you're able to get in your golf whenever you need it. And I can definitely attest to little boys being great workout partners! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!